Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Done in both means we fail to get 4th and knocked out of CL. With Emi, we do both. 

Olsen in goal means we play deeper to protect him and he concedes 2 plus goals in the majority of games he plays

We can beat Brighton with Olsen in goal. We beat Spurs away 2-0 with him in goal before. Emi out has nothing to do with Spurs next 2 games and if they lose both and we beat Brighton we can't lose 4th place. Emi can't play first leg against Olympiakos anyway

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Liverpool will be desperate to beat spurs after the var farce earlier in the seaaon

I doubt their starting 11 on Sunday will be in a mindset where that is much of a consideration or motivator. 

I think the only thing that will motivate them to play their best is if Man City and Arsenal both lose on Saturday.

19 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Anyone that still think Spurs are gonna get it should bet 1k on Spurs, 5k back or Villa in CL. Villa is worth 1k to us aren't they? 😄

Thanks Ivan.

I’d be very surprised if 4th is done and dusted by the end of this weekends games. This is football and Villa. More than likely we go into the last game needing a point and are 1-0 down with 2 minutes to go!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I’d be very surprised if 4th is done and dusted by the end of this weekends games. This is football and Villa. More than likely we go into the last game needing a point and are 1-0 down with 2 minutes to go!

You don't think us beating Brighton and Spurs losing both away games to Chelsea and Liverpool is a realistic possibility?

My thought on Spurs  remaining fixtures.

Chelsea want European football this season and have a good shout for it. So when they play spurs they will definitely be up for it

Liverpool still can mathematically win the title when they play spurs. So they will be up for it. 

Burnley can still avoid relegation, they will be up for it. Even if they lose I don't think it will be a thrashing.

Man City have a minus 7 goal difference to arsenal. Arsenal have Bournemouth at home this weekend, if they win that, it means City cannot afford to draw with Spuds they have to win the game in hand to keep the ball in their court.

Edited by colhint
  • Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

You don't think us beating Brighton and Spurs losing both away games to Chelsea and Liverpool is a realistic possibility?

Of course but I thought winning both games against Brentford and Chelsea when leading 2-0 was a realistic possibility. I just think there are some twists and turns left yet.

• Like 2

I'd be wary of Brighton, they're on a bad run, we have good record against them, and we have been on a good run, but these kind of records are dangerous because they inevitably end at some point. Also for some reason their fans really hate us, I had a look on their forum after our U21s beat them, and they were really bitter about that, a number of comments alluding to how they were looking forward to ending our Champions League hopes towards the end of the season :twisted:

14 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd be wary of Brighton, they're on a bad run, we have good record against them, and we have been on a good run, but these kind of records are dangerous because they inevitably end at some point. Also for some reason their fans really hate us, I had a look on their forum after our U21s beat them, and they were really bitter about that, a number of comments alluding to how they were looking forward to ending our Champions League hopes towards the end of the season :twisted:

Unfortunately for us they won't play the same team as today. A lot of their players are getting back and a few were on the bench today.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think the doom and gloom posters have had a tough season. They deserve an early break. 

Would be lovely right?!

I don't know I just get the feeling it will go to the wire. All the injuries we've had and with what happened with 5th not getting CL. Just points towards another twist. I hope not and I would expect Spurs to get a maximum of two points in their next two games. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Actually now I think about it, if fingers crossed we've secured 4th after Pool v Spurs game we should play Olsen in goal for rest of league games

I'd play him up front for shits and giggles......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

Of course but I thought winning both games against Brentford and Chelsea when leading 2-0 was a realistic possibility. I just think there are some twists and turns left yet.

I was never confident against Chelsea at 2-0 they outplayed us from the get go.

• Like 4

Imagine this happening the night we play the scousers....

Comprehensively beating liverpoo

Confirms 4th place

Also we can celebrate small heath being finally flushed 🤞🙏