Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

The chances for that to happened is about 20%, so nothing really wrong with prediction. 

Yeah statistically you can't argue with it, but it does suggest we're nearly over the line when all it takes is a couple of results to turn it on its head.

5 hours ago, rubberman said:

We draw at home to Chelsea and Spurs beat them away? I mean, it could happen, and Spurs could only lose one more game, but I don't see that myself.

You cant look at football like that , for example our win at the emirates but drew against brentford 

2 hours ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Generous I'd say to predict 2 draws against City and Arsenal and a win against Chelsea. Personally can't see Spurs getting to 70pts and certainly not 1 loss in 6, but they are very unpredictable. I'd also back us to get at least a point against Brighton as their season is all but over.

Whatever happens though I'll settle for any kind of gap between us and 5th. Be it 1 point or more. 

They got smoked 4-0 at st james park last time out, they play the biggest derby for them in the next game at their home turf they will be forced to put on a performance and will be fired up, so they will not be losing that imo and of late they always do well against Man City and i feel they will be the team to cause an upset in the title race.

Things have been going well but i cant see us winning on saturday for some strange reason, of course i hope im wrong 😑 

Need 3 more for arsenal this half and a couple cheeky yellows /niggly  injuries to Chelsea key players so they are out of the villa game but ok for their remaining games.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

They got smoked 4-0 at st james park last time out, they play the biggest derby for them in the next game at their home turf they will be forced to put on a performance and will be fired up, so they will not be losing that imo and of late they always do well against Man City and i feel they will be the team to cause an upset in the title race.

Things have been going well but i cant see us winning on saturday for some strange reason, of course i hope im wrong 😑 

If they set up and approach the game the way they always do I think Arsenal will beat them if they take their chances.

18 minutes ago, RicRic said:

You cant look at football like that , for example our win at the emirates but drew against brentford 

We're predicting the outcome of future games. No-one knows and yeah, anything can happen, but form is all you can use. Spurs and us are very equal all season long, we're both playing the same team but one at home and one away. All the odds are that we are more likely to have the better result. 

Anyway - we'll soon know for sure. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah statistically you can't argue with it, but it does suggest we're nearly over the line when all it takes is a couple of results to turn it on its head.

Yes, statistically it is the most likely outcome, but it is not a guaranteed outcome. For some reason, people seams to be confused about this and think it is the same.

At the moment is highly unlikely (less than 1%) that Aston Villa is going to win the league, but a few couple of result and it all is turned on its head. ( read: Aston Villa win all our remaining matches and Arsenal, ManC and Liverpool loses all theirs.)

26 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Need 3 more for arsenal this half and a couple cheeky yellows /niggly  injuries to Chelsea key players so they are out of the villa game but ok for their remaining games.

What are the winning euro million numbers this Friday?

• Haha 1

Is Chelsea getting destroyed good for us, or bad for us? 😂

It could either destroy their confidence or wind them up for next opponents.

That aside, when you.look at what some of the teams we've brushed aside, do to other teams, it really shows how good we are on our day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

The worst this scoreline gets the more chelsea will be coming to make things right

Arsenal missed about 3 chances that should have been goals first half, unbelievable Good luck for Chelsea,  it could easily have been double figures. Arsenal are good team though tbh, takes something special to beat them, especially at home. 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Chelsea look a team whose season is over and going through motions

But then against Everton they looked resurgent and like they had something to prove… a very strange team. On paper they’re good and they’ve shown glimpses, but battered tonight 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

The worst this scoreline gets the more chelsea will be coming to make things right

Or completely demoralised for Saturday plus thinking about the summer now it’s all but unlikely that they can get Europe.  Their season is basically over.

• Like 1

Expect a reaction but how much character has the Chelsea team really got? I know it’s only one incident  and two players but the penalty thing against Everton didn’t show much unity. They didn’t even celebrate the goal. 

Get a lead against them and how much fight will they have? Saturday night, pissed up crowd and against a team looking for top 4. Not a game they will want after losing a semi final and getting smashed to a London rival. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Expect a reaction but how much character has the Chelsea team really got? I know it’s only one incident  and two players but the penalty thing against Everton didn’t show much unity. They didn’t even celebrate the goal. 

Get a lead against them and how much fight will they have? Saturday night, pissed up crowd and against a team looking for top 4. Not a game they will want after losing a semi final and getting smashed to a London rival. 

If they collapse against us then poch could be under real pressure, its a nightmare game for them tbh.

• Like 1