Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Liverpool out of the title race by the time we play them would be so ideal for us 

Having said that the way they’re playing right now I’d fancy us to beat them even if they were still in it.

I said last week these players need to dig in like never before and bloody hell didn't they do that today. Some of them looked bollocksed towards the end but kept going. Really good, massive win and performance from all. Sitting in a great position for now. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

I know 5th almost certainly won't get CL now so it's a moot point, but if 5th was guaranteed a CL place, would anyone still be worried about Man United? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I know 5th almost certainly won't get CL now so it's a moot point, but if 5th was guaranteed a CL place, would anyone still be worried about Man United? :lol:

i know you arent, but for others....

just looking at the figures, Newcastle and Manure are on 50 points with 6 games to play for each.

Just to match our current total of 66 points, they need 16 points and 2.7 PPG for the rest of the season, so basically impossible.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Done the double over us though 😡

Yeah but that's because they have an unbreakable psychological curse over us, not because they're any good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah but that's because they have an unbreakable psychological curse over us, not because they're any good.

Need to piss in all 4 corners of the ground. That should clear any curse. Anybody got Barry Fry’s number?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'm worried about United now.

Just got a massive confidence boost after beating Coventry on Pens.

They could go on a run.

They can get a maximum of 68 points if they won all remaining games which of course they wont 

Two wins from last 4 games and we'll end 4th. 

Chelsea next will be tough as they're chasing European football as 6th will likely be Europa League and 7th is Conference, but they are away to Arsenal mid week while we can have a rest and Luiz is back. 

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'm worried about United now.

Just got a massive confidence boost after beating Coventry on Pens.

They could go on a run.

When you have heard the same joke 100 times, it isn’t funny anymore.