Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Two more wins and a draw should be enough for 4th. Spurs will get 8 to 10 points I think 

We have to keep focus. I'm worried our next two games are at home where we aren't very good anymore. 

Bournemouth Chelsea Brighton and Palace. There are two wins there for us I hope 

Wow and there I was trying to defend you earlier … Have you seen spurs fixtures compared to ours - they play two London derbies in Arsenal then Chelsea followed with Liverpool and next then is Burnley, Citeh & finally  sheff utd. We have Bournemouth, Chelsea, Brighton then plop and finally palace. 

Which of the two would you rather have ? We’ve just beaten Arsenal for the second time this season and you hope we’ll get two more wins this season … ok 

• Like 2

I said last week I didn’t think there would be many if any good performances from now until the end of the season and it’s more about grinding out results. Players seemed jaded. 

Goes to show what I know! 

What a lift this will give the squad to go and finish the season on a high.

• Like 3

Spurs have got very tough remaining fixtures and am I right in saying they will have to play them in a very short space of time as they keep having to rearrange games due to cups?

How unfortunate for them. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spurs have got very tough remaining fixtures and am I right in saying they will have to play them in a very short space of time as they keep having to rearrange games due to cups?

How unfortunate for them. 

All in the space of 21 days. 6 games in 21 days. Back to back top 4 sides with a Burnley fighting for their lives inbetween 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Thanks 1

No point comparing fixtures.  After we hsve softened Arsenal Spurs could easily beat them. All our games are winnable. We have nothing to fear now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

All in the space of 21 days. 6 games in 21 days. Back to back top 4 sides with a Burnley fighting for their lives inbetween 

If they finish 4th after that they deserve it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wow and there I was trying to defend you earlier … Have you seen spurs fixtures compared to ours - they play two London derbies in Arsenal then Chelsea followed with Liverpool and next then is Burnley, Citeh & finally  sheff utd. We have Bournemouth, Chelsea, Brighton then plop and finally palace. 

Which of the two would you rather have ? We’ve just beaten Arsenal for the second time this season and you hope we’ll get two more wins this season … ok 

Man City at home? 14th May

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No point comparing fixtures.  After we hsve softened Arsenal Spurs could easily beat them. All our games are winnable. We have nothing to fear now. 

On the flipside... Arsenal could also be super fired up to batter them, even on top of the rivalry.

They are after a title after all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On the flipside... Arsenal could also be super fired up to batter them, even on top of the rivalry.

They are after a title after all.

Depends how there next three games go. Bayern away. Wolves away then Chelses at home before spurs play them.

Edited by PaulC

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We can compare to Newcastle last season - they had a similar wobble last season but then they got a couple of wins together and cruised the last few games to qualify for CL. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think it’ll probably be the opposite. Arsenal are still in the race. They’ll be even more desperate to batter Spurs 

We are top of the league for me since the clubs that tried to kill English football should not be really eligible to win the league 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Villa win the next two and Spuds are done I think...

Beating Bournemouth would really put pressure on Spurs - but I guess the danger is taking that for granted after today’s performance. Brentford could be the best thing that happened to us.

I feel like the results yesterday gave us a lift going in to today, I thought we were close to being spent after recent showings but today we got stronger as the game went on.

It’s a massive step toward securing 5th at least but fingers crossed it gives us the platform and energy to go on and match/better Spurs’ results.

• Like 1