Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

The race with the germans starts now that we are level, we have 3 games left this week Vs their 2 - just need to match or better their results from here on in. Reckon we'll see a couple of german teams in the next round, but none in the finals. 

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watching FPL transfer tips video. Spurs remaining fixtures rated 18th worst in the league

18th worst? So, 3rd best.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

I want them all to win up to the point the extra CL place is confirmed. Then they can all lose 8-0. 

Oh if that’s possible I’ll have that then.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

still wouldnt put it past united getting in top 5

We win two more games this season, they can only afford to drop points in one more game then.

That's how remote their shot is.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

still wouldnt put it past united getting in top 5

Top 5 of what is the question? 'Cause it sure as shit ain't gonna be the Premier League.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was at Emirates earlier this season and saw West Ham defeat Arsenal.  Definitely possible with the right mindset. Just seems we are over thinking it when we play the top clubs these days.  

6 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I was at Emirates earlier this season and saw West Ham defeat Arsenal.  Definitely possible with the right mindset. Just seems we are over thinking it when we play the top clubs these days.  

If only we had someone in the club that in depth knowledge of some of the Arsenal players

United have to win 6 out of 7 games to beat us. Basically. 

And even then it needs us to lose at least 4 out of our last 6. 

There is no metric that points towards this being possible from either team. 
It is of course mathematically possible. But the chances are incredibly remote. 

Again; it is far far FAR more likely that United finish 7th rather than 5th

• Like 1

Hope we can get a positive result this weekend. Already been on the receiving end of 5-1 (St James Park), 3-0 (Anfield), 3-2 (Old Trafford) and 4-1 (Eithad) - it would be good to get a win at one of theses places. Brighton managed to pull out a 3-0 win last season at Arsenal surely we are due a win at one of these tough away games?

29 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Stranger things have happened, Arsenal will surely rotate with a tough trip to Munich ahead.  

• Like 1

Dortmund also fighting for their lives, currently need extra spot to get CL next season. Still think Atleti will win though.

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If only we had someone in the club that in depth knowledge of some of the Arsenal players

I assume you mean Unai... there is no one left from that era.