Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Bad night for our chances. 

Not really. 

German teams didn't get more points than us. 

Man city likely to go through. Arsenal still in with a chance. 

Great night for the coefficient. Ties in balance with draws. City and Arsenal will be on it second leg to win. 

I was more concerned Arsenal would win 4-0 and not turn up in Munich which equals less points. 

Listening to this on the radio very funny...'that's a penalty, oh and oh no Saka is writhing in agony, this could be the end of Arsenal's season! I bet if that happens with Kane in Munich next week they'll be getting a penalty, thus is very concerning...oh he seems to be okay, he's moving now. He's up and jogging towards the referee...'

Guys he's a bigger cheat than Maradona, how have you not worked this out yet. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Bad night for our chances. 

The most positive post you've made in weeks, PL has gained points on Germany based on those games tonight.

One good result and one average. City should beat Madrid at home and hopefully have Walker and KDB back. Arsenal can beat anyone on their day but will need to be better than they were today. Need an Ath Madrid win tomorrow and we are in a decent place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Blatant pen to be honest. Shocked that’s not been given

Nah sakas kicked him rather than skip round him and score, it deserves being called out 

• Like 4

It was a good night. City are likely winning this tie now. Germany didn't pull away from us, and we still have us, West Ham and Liverpool to play to swing things in our favour. While Germany's only "easy" game is Leverkusen's. Don't see Dortmund getting anything at Madrid tomorrow.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Thought the ref for the Arsenal game was brilliant tonight!

Apart from the booking for Davis at the start and then not giving blatant penalty he was good. 

Really surprised VAR didn’t tell him to have another look.

edit: Just seen it again and Saka defo sticks his leg out so can see why VAR didn’t get involved. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Blatant pen to be honest. Shocked that’s not been given

Not for me, there's leaving a trailing leg then there's what Saka did, basically just kicked Neuer

Saka was classic Saka. He dived and was one of the clearest dives you'll see. I really commend the ref at a home ground for not buying the bait from such a cheat.

A penalty that would have done us a big favour but I hate to see such unethical play. 

• Like 4