Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

I don't know why the Spurs game is a foregone conclusion. Going out on a limb here, but I think Forest may just be up for, you know, being as far away from the relegation zone as possible.

And Spurs are just as capable of shooting themselves in the foot as we are.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Win against a poor Forest and they will be 4th with a game in hand, which is why big Ange ain't been flapping. He knows, once he's there, they are gonna take some moving.

While all our fan base do is flap like **** mad 

• Like 1

Man Utd are far from finished. They always raise their game against Liverpool and then they have 4 games which they should win all of. Spurs also have the advantage of a lighter fixture list and a fully fit squad. 
We on the other hand are limping over the line and I wouldn’t back us to beat anyone at the moment. We should however limp to another six points. That would leave Utd needing 19 point from 8 matches to overtake us. That’s highly unlikely but with their fixtures it is possible.

The reality is though, we will finish  somewhere between 4th and 6th. I think it will probably be 5th but I really think that 6th is more likely than 4th. At the start of the season, we would all have taken a 6th place finish and thus whatever happens we will have had a brilliant season.

Now, with my glass half filled we are still in Europe. We are still in the Champions League hunt. We still have a brilliant manager. Maybe we have had our bad spell and we are going to fly again for the rest of the season. Let’s hope so. UTV. COYVB. SOTC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spurs playing Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in a week is the big one. As long as we're right on them then we can take advantage. 

They probably will beat Forest and go 4th but they won't stay there for the remainder of the season then no way. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Spurs playing Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in a week is the big one. As long as we're right on them then we can take advantage. 

They probably will beat Forest and go 4th but they won't stay there for the remainder of the season then no way. 

Chelsea at the beach 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Chelsea at the beach 

Are they? 

They didn't seem like it against United and no chance they're like it against spurs of all teams. 

Spurs beat Forest, Burnley, Sheff United. 

Reasonsble, yeah?

They lose to Liverpool, Arsenal and Citeh. 

Again, I think that’s fair.

Puts them on 66.

Newcastle and Chelsea. What, maybe 4 points? Could be 6, could be nothing. Let’s say 4.

So the magic 70 total.

We would need to beat Brighton, Bournemouth, Chelsea and Palace. I’ve written off the other two games.

I don’t know, it still seems vaguely realistic to me.

• Like 2

So settling for 5th then I guess. Should hopefully scrape through. It’s not great at the minute is it. Losing the games we used to expect to lose, and failing to hold onto leads against struggling sides. 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, villaajax said:

At the moment.

We're in the race until we mathematically out of it

I'd be surprised if that happens at any point, it'll come down to the last game neck and neck 

If we finish 5th then we finish 5th, that’s our level this season. Last time I checked 5th is higher than 7th, which will be an improvement on last season, and our highest finish in 28 years, add to that a possible trophy win. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

before anyone loses their mind, im not saying we wont get 5th, but the data for our recent performances is really poor, and its been on a downward trajectory for a while tbh.

• Over the last 5 games, we have averaged 1PPG.
  • Over the last 10 games, we have averaged 1.7 PPG.
  • Over the last 15 games we have averaged 1.5 PPG.
  • That is a big drop off from the first 20 games, which was consistently 1.8 to 2.2 PPG on avg.

You just need to look at this, to see how our form has slowly dropped off, and its dropped in a steady, consistent way.

Maybe we are just tired and finding it hard to drag ourselves over the line, dunno.

image.png.3e550b7045cbbd6892006d026b0c977b.png

Injuries 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So settling for 5th then I guess. Should hopefully scrape through. It’s not great at the minute is it. Losing the games we used to expect to lose, and failing to hold onto leads against struggling sides. 

Tbf this is the first time we've done that all season (unless you count United as struggling).