Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Well, for fourth, I think basically Spurs now have to slip up in a game we’re not expecting them to. 

Or we pick up a win we’re not anticipating.

I think the former is more likely.

• Like 3

Disappointing that several of our key players were having a mare. Think both Pau, Konsa, Luiz and McGinn had a very bad game today. And I don't understand the sub of Bailey, who was always creating something. In fact, our last sub did us no good, it actually made us lose the momentum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Really really poor result especially with the circumstances. Number one from Emery HAS to be to stop these effing ridiculous collapses. 

Again - best team in the league for these effing ridiculous collapses... 

Spurs can now go fourth 

With better goal difference 

With a game in hand 

God. This is a bad day 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

It's **** madness

The match thread and VP atmosphere was so nervous flat and negative, shite about how we always do this - I think we're still the best team in the League for points dropped from winning positions 

We're our own worst enemies 

I don't think you can blame the crowd. We concede at 2-1 and suddenly our players go back to not bothering to mark guys in the six yard box, stop any crosses or even pass the ball.

In that mental ten minute spell I don't think we made five successive passes at any point and we were all over the place so the crowd is always going to be stunned by that.

Going to be tough to get over 70 points now so we need Spurs to lose most of their away games left which could still happen.

So long as Liverpool beat United tomorrow, we’re still looking very strong for top five. Ultimately showings like today’s would suggest CL is a stretch so if fifth doesn’t get it we can’t feel hard done by.

• Like 1

Good lord, every time a result doesn’t go our way a vocal minority act like the sky is falling. 

United aren’t in the race. We are still fourth, nor does it mean Spurs will win their games in hand. There’s a lot of twists to come and much to play for. 

The collapse was inexcusable, but we dug deep and unlucky to not score again. Have faith. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1