Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

think we'll get 10 pts from that lot.  reckon Spurs and Man utd will drop at least 3 or 4 it's.  so don't see us losing much ground on either of them.  tbh I think 5th is looking our most likely finishing position now.  whether we get CL now largely depends on how English clubs do in the next round in Europe.  I might actually watch some of it for once.

I’d be thrilled with 10 points from those games. Fairly sure we’d be wrapping up 4th place with those results

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Historically 70 points is usually enough. I think there's only one occasion in the last 10 seasons where 70 points wouldn't have got you 4th

Funnily enough that was Emery's Arsenal that it happened to. Hopefully not a bad omen!

bare bones tonight, hope we don't conceed anymore.

I think we all knew we werent going to win when we saw who was missing from the team sheet

I also thought we played well first half.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 4

Only once in our last 7 PL games have we won on xG. That was against Forest. Unlike the season up to that point where we were winning games on xG and on scoreboard

We will be found out soon if we don't improve our performances. 

• Confused 1

Encouraging performances from Diaby, Zaniolo, Duran and Rogers.

They'll be important for the run in with Europe too.

Tough game out of the way and some legs rested too, beat Brentford on Saturday and we're well on track.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Only once in our last 7 PL games have we won on xG. That was against Forest. Unlike the season up to that point where we were winning games on xG and on scoreboard

Do you actually watch our games? Honest question, we were better than Forest, Fulham and Wolves and could have won by more.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Did we not beat Wolves in xG? Cos we were clearly the better team that day. 

Pretty much sums up why I couldn't give a toss about xG if that's the case. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Been a funny week, far more interested in the Spurs and Man U games than our own. 

That's because we all suspected we would lose. In the end, as long as Man Utd fail to win tomorrow not much changes

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What does this mean? 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Did we not beat Wolves in xG? Cos we were clearly the better team that day. 

Pretty much sums up why I couldn't give a toss about xG if that's the case. 

I think that Ait Nouri chance was very high. However he’s a left back. For me Robbie fowler getting that chance should have a higher XG than a left back who’s scored once in his whole career. 

• Like 1

I think when we finish next Thursday, we will look back and think it was a good decision to save players tonight in a game we probably would have lost anyway. Win against Brentford and Lille woukd put us very much in charge of our own success this season. And saving players and giving fringe players game time will certainly improve our odds in our two next matches, that are of extreme importance.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I think that Ait Nouri chance was very high. However he’s a left back. For me Robbie fowler getting that chance should have a higher XG than a left back who’s scored once in his whole career. 

I'm also assuming that because Konsa's cross went in it had a low xG value? Whereas if Duran just headed it into an open net it would have been high? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1