Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

21 hours ago, nick76 said:

In the future I want a trophy but this season, Top 4, will benefit us so much more long term and gives us more chance of trophies in the future. We need to build that revenue, stop the big guys pulling further away, attract better players so we are in the mix in the future.

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It amazes me how many fans don’t get this.

Remind me how many top 4 finishes Spurs have had, and how many trophies they've won, in the last 15 years?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Remind me how many top 4 finishes Spurs have had, and how many trophies they've won, in the last 15 years?

Remind me how many clubs tried to break top 4, didn’t achieve it and then had to sell quite a lot of players and eventually got relegated? It’s shit we have to worry about FFP rather than just winning things. But it’s designed that way to keep the big boys where they are. 

Maybe winning something would be better after all but I still think now we are this close it has to be the aim. There’s no wrong or right answer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah but hey are a basket case.  We have Emery, Monchi and the Owners…give me top 4 this season any day of the week if you asked me today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

A player or 2 in January to help push us over and we're good enough for it. 

Very hard to sign quality in January but if we did get two in then we could well be in the 4th spot at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Amazing that we heave nearly double the points as of game week 17, than we had last season.

38 vs 21.

17 points more.

we didnt reach 38 points last season until game week 27, 10 games from now.

By that logic I want us to have 17 more at the end of the season which will put us on 79? And almost certainly 3rd and maybe 2nd.

Well we'll be top if we see off Sheffield United as expected, and then a draw between Liverpool and Arsenal the day after will mean we spend Christmas top of the table. I haven't been as excited about the race to be Christmas number one since The Housemartins and Jackie Wilson in 1986. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2