Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Apparently, UEFA are set to abandon the new Champions League format next season, will remain in current format.  No 5th place lads, we'll have to secure top 4 👀

Let me guess, this breaking news comes from some random lad on Twitter 🤣

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Apparently, UEFA are set to abandon the new Champions League format next season, will remain in current format.  No 5th place lads, we'll have to secure top 4 👀

Regardless of whether this is true or not, we'll finish top 4 no problem.

• Like 1

If we win and spurs draw against a resurgent Everton we'll have a 7 point cushion to 5th. Having a 7 point head start going into the second half of the season is **** amazing work. We're giving ourselves a really good chance of doing this. 

I suppose if you could only win one, it probably would be better to beat Man Utd than Sheffield United as it’s a rival top four side losing points. 

The home record going and it going to bottom placed is the double whammy.

Champions league is still very much on course. Even a draw at Old Trafford and we’re 40 points at the halfway stage.

Get near that total for the second 19 and we’re golden. We probably won’t replicate the Arsenal and Citeh results. But we’ll likely make up for it in the games at Forest, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Our star is fading, even if we're still high up in the table. I'm afraid we're not going to make it. Conference League again next season will be a good achievement in the end.

Seventh would be a huge disappointment at this point

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Not looking great atm with Spurs looking this strong

Feel like we need 6 points in the next 2

They're playing Everton at home. Not exactly a massively tough fixture.

And they're got Brighton away next.