Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not to get too carried away but October and November are decent fixtures for Villa; it is a possibility that we could be top four in December.

Many fixtures in December but one or two winnable games also in the PL.

We may need reinforcements in January too and this will be helped if Villa are in a favourable position in the PL for any prospective new signings.

First thing I did after that win was to look at the fixtures again. Brighton will be tough, but we have a run of games now that will put points on the board - as it stands we are carrying on where we left off last season. There are some stories to be written here with those new signings. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

First thing I did after that win was to look at the fixtures again. Brighton will be tough, but we have a run of games now that will put points on the board - as it stands we are carrying on where we left off last season. There are some stories to be written here with those new signings. 

Desperately want us to beat Brighton.

One to reign them in, and also to tip the scales in the " best of the rest " battle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

We haven't even played consistently well and we're still right up there having a say! Incredible.

Absolutely - we have been quite lacklustre and there are big questions defensively especially. However, we have picked up the points. I do fear the Mings injury will be decisive for top 5, but we will give it a dam good go.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Yep I'd say the chances are high. Two countries get an extra spot.

At the moment England is 14th, some improvement is required to get into top 2. We are somewhat responsible by losing in Poland.

England have been top in the last 3 seasons, very likely it would happen again.

• Thanks 1

Still a lot to go, we’re getting points while most of us aren’t impressed with performances.

As I said it was great that our lessons came in the right games, two tough away league games. One away group stage (where we have chance to get back going). If it was against Hibs would’ve been really bad. 
Beating Chelsea build a quite gap right now. They have some tough games coming so we’ll probably wish them to stop teams. 
Would’ve done with Newcastle and Utd not winning but still things are ok.

Now we shall focus on Everton cup game and leave the other two competitions out of mind. Hopefully we can win this one.

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

We haven't even played consistently well and we're still right up there having a say! Incredible.

We played well v Everton. Yes they're generally s*** but they did very well at Brentford which we know is a hard place to win.

Aside from a dodgy 10 minute spell we were streets ahead of Burnley for most of the game and they really pushed Man. United to the end yesterday and on balance should've got a point.

Palace we weren't great but still created enough in the first half to be a goal up and then it becomes easier to manage that type of game. Palace with their low block should get some draws off other top teams this season.

Today we won at Chelsea, Liverpool couldn't do that on the opening day and not like that many teams will go to Stamford Bridge and win.

People are looking too much into the Newcastle and Liverpool games. Not many teams will be even getting a draw against those away from home. Man. United lost both games comfortably last season and finished 3rd.

Too much competition this season I think.

We aren't too far off, but need a bit more quality in the squad. We just don't have the players behind the first choice.

5/6/7th is possible and would be a great season. 4th is totally transformative.

Keep reading about the weird 5th place also being Champions League. If that is the case...we can do it.

• Like 2