Marco Asensio

wishywashy

15 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have  been told that marco met with the sporting director and the CEO of PSG  AL-KHELAIFI on sunday afternoon and that Real Madrid are still in talks with him over a new contract with guaranteed play time.

That my friends is all i know at this moment in time

So how does that = it’s happening? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villaglint said:

So how does that = it’s happening? 

Who knows..players change their minds every 2 seconds..literally he could be about to sign and then poof...happens a lot..wait and see this evening.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Who knows..players change their minds every 2 seconds..literally he could be about to sign and then poof...happens a lot..wait and see this evening.

You say this evening ? 🤔 you think we will know one way or another by then ? 

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Just came to post the same. 

As well as playing in two winning finals, he was an unused sub in a third win. He's seen the good and the ugly side of a huge club reaching those stages of the finals.

He's probably also seen PSG make a mess of this season's despite their riches, and sack their manager. The uncertainty surrounding that project may well not be that appealing.

Admittedly, we cant even offer the Europa League, let alone champions league, but maybe he's after something different as he reaches the prime of his career. 

Taking a formerly huge club back in to the champions league, with a world cup winning goal keeper, an elite manager, in the "best league in the world" (tm) , playing a starring role.... could be what he's after. Not to mention he's going to get paid a shed load to do it.

We are more attractive right now to major continental players from huge clubs than ever before, and the fact that Emery speaks Spanish and Asensio's agent is good friends with Sawiris, is very significant. I love that I'm reading tweets that mention us with Real Madrid, PSG and AC Milan. This is fantastic!

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have  been told that marco met with the sporting director and the CEO of PSG  AL-KHELAIFI on sunday afternoon and that Real Madrid are still in talks with him over a new contract with guaranteed play time.

That my friends is all i know at this moment in time

Can't trust you because you spell Villan incorrectly in your handle. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Am I the only one that wouldn't be dissapointed if this didn't happen?

I’d be disappointed in so much as the club may have missed out on a target they wanted but I’ll probably have forgotten about the fact we were even linked by the end of the transfer window (as long as it doesn’t turn into a massive drawn out saga). He’s not a player I know really well and it sounds like he’s likely to go/stay abroad so he’s not going to score against us any time soon.

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'm at the point these days where if it happens, it happens and I get excited and if it doesn't happen, oh well, move on to the next target.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’d be disappointed in so much as the club may have missed out on a target they wanted but I’ll probably have forgotten about the fact we were even linked by the end of the transfer window (as long as it doesn’t turn into a massive drawn out saga). He’s not a player I know really well and it sounds like he’s likely to go/stay abroad so he’s not going to score against us any time soon.

But it's all media BS so we will probably really never know if we had serious interest.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I wouldn't be disappointed, because I've never believed it would happen. It happening would be an enormous coup. The fact the story was very pointedly out there gave it the distinct smell of us being used to smoke out other options, so looks even less likely than before.

The important thing, in the event of it not happening, as seems likely, is to not come out of it looking like it was a stunt or looking pathetic. That sends the wrong message. We can be turned down but the message has to be we're **** serious about what we're doing here and we have ambition that we will fulfill.

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I wouldn't be disappointed, because I've never believed it would happen. It happening would be an enormous coup.

Exactly, and it's been done before at Villa. Does everyone forget Ross Barkley? 

24 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not saying Unai doesn't want him, not saying he wouldn't be good signing of huge intent.

But we aren't quite at the level where we can truly complete with the full mercenaries of the game and their blood oil and state sponsored corruption.

Â