Manuel Ugarte

Delphinho123

I doubt we were even interested in this player, so dont' know why seeing lots of people on twitter talking as if we've missed out on a target and that him seemingly going elsewhere is some sort of big blow to our plans, it's not even as if he was linked by any reliable or semi-reliable journalists, and wouldn't really make much sense for us to go for him, as two of our best players already play the position he plays, Luiz or Kamanra not getting dropped, so we were never likely to spend half of our transfer budget on another player for that position, and yes we need a couple of good players for every position, so we might bring in amother midfielder that can play DM, but we're not at the level yet where we can have players worth £40m plus and have them as back-up players.

Guendouzi or someone of a similar style much more likely, as can do a sound job as DM, but also offer competition to McGinn and Ramsey in the advanced roles, Guendouzi, Dendoncker, Luiz, and Kamara, not bad options for the two central midfielders, plus McGinn and Jacob can play there too if needed, with Iroegbunam potentially an option in the coming seasons as well, and watch how quicly Bogarde's reputation soars next season after a Championship loan, there's also the potential signing of Ibrahima Bamba.

I think the big money more likely to be spent further up the pitch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, useless said:

I doubt we were even interested in this player, so dont' know why seeing lots of people on twitter talking as if we've missed out on a target and that him seemingly going elsewhere is some sort of big blow to our plans, it's not even as if he was linked by any reliable or semi-reliable journalists, and wouldn't really make much sense for us to go for him, as two of our best players already play the position he plays, Luiz or Kamanra not getting dropped, so we were never likely to spend half of our transfer budget on another player for that position, and yes we need a couple of good players for every position, so we might bring in amother midfielder that can play DM, but we're not at the level yet where we can have players worth £40m plus and have them as back-up players.

Guendouzi or someone of a similar style much more likely, as can do a sound job as DM, but also offer competition to McGinn and Ramsey in the advanced roles, Guendouzi, Dendoncker, Luiz, and Kamara, not bad options for the two central midfielders, plus McGinn and Jacob can play there too if needed, with Iroegbunam potentially an option in the coming seasons as well, and watch how quicly Bogarde's reputation soars next season after a Championship loan, there's also the potential signing of Ibrahima Bamba.

I think the big money more likely to be spent further up the pitch.

But he had his own thread instead of being in transfer speculation thread, so we must have been talking to him 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

We finish 7th and he's ours. Who can resist the lure of the Eurototo

Is this the same as John Gregory’s “Inter-galactic cup”?

This one doesn’t make much sense 🤔 it really don’t, we have two dynamite defensive mids in Luiz and Kamara, well more the latter as Luiz has become more further forward of late but spending that much in an area we need the least is pointless imo

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah , until one or both get injured and you're down to Dendonker and Meatball as a double pivot playing 2 games per week..

I still don't understand why our fans are so allergic to the concept of strength in depth, especially if you want to compete on multiple fronts.

Some signings also need to be " opportunistic " ... some players won't always be available when there is a " need " or when it's convenient. There are also some players you'll never be able to ever get again if you miss out when there is a chance.

When Ollie was on his fire hot streak would you not understand if Haaland was available and there was a chance of getting him, why we would want him? ( I'm saying this as one of Ollies biggest fans, as an example )

Hahah not you throwing Haaland in for the analogy, id bite off your arm,neck and ears like mike tyson for that Nordic machine 😂 but seriously i cant see us spending 50 mill for this guy, we need to spend at least 80 mill for the forward line (2 forwards minimum) and also a RB so essentially we need to spend carefully in the right areas. Yes id love this type of player absolutely but we have to think about it strategically.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Chelsea are the new Arsenal in the transfer rumor market...  They'll be linked to every single player that moves clubs this summer, whether they are  or not.

I won't give up on this one yet. People were throwing in the towel on Kamara when twitter said he was going to Atletico Madrid. Next thing, he's looked into Gerrard's eyeballs. 

• Like 1

Â