Manuel Ugarte

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, allani said:

Plus our POTY (with both players and fans) playing alongside them both.  It has been said a couple of times already but Ugarte, Kamara and Luiz would be the best midfield in the league outside of possibly Man City.  It would also mean that we could play with three goalscorers (in whatever configuration that might be) thereby reducing our reliance on Ollie, significantly upgrading our attacking threat and allowing Ollie to up his numbers because teams just won't be able to mark him as tightly.

And at the risk of upsetting some people - if any of those three are out and we need to slot McGinn in, that really isn't a massive drop off in quality at all.  Which is the real sign that we might have a shot next season.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, allani said:

Plus our POTY (with both players and fans) playing alongside them both.  It has been said a couple of times already but Ugarte, Kamara and Luiz would be the best midfield in the league outside of possibly Man City.  It would also mean that we could play with three goalscorers (in whatever configuration that might be) thereby reducing our reliance on Ollie, significantly upgrading our attacking threat and allowing Ollie to up his numbers because teams just won't be able to mark him as tightly.

I think that's the most exciting thing I've ever read.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I think that's the most exciting thing I've ever read.

I wish that is what my wife said after reading one of my texts.....

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, allani said:

I think a change to 433 is something we will see against weaker opposition next season.  It's something he did at Villarreal, 4231 or 433 where Villarreal are favourites, and the solid 442 against tougher opposition.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think a change to 433 is something we will see against weaker opposition next season.  It's something he did at Villarreal, 4231 or 433 where Villarreal are favourites, and the solid 442 against tougher opposition.

100%.  Ugarte, Kamara, Luiz and McGinn would be a pretty hard team to play against and more than capable of allowing us to play with a double threat attack to hit on the counter.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, allani said:

100%.  Ugarte, Kamara, Luiz and McGinn would be a pretty hard team to play against and more than capable of allowing us to play with a double threat attack to hit on the counter.

Just thinking about how much I would love to see those four to play against Bruno "Whining ****" Fernandez and taking it in turns to remind him that we haven't forgotten his various swan dives, moans in the referee's ear, etc down the years.  It would be beautiful.

• Like 1

Will be this summers Bissouma, a lot of hype and with no substance so far for the prices quoted

Its easy to play defensive midfield when you have 70 percent possession everyweek and still picked up 11 yellow cards. Dendoncker would look a star in Portugal in similar circumstances.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Will be this summers Bissouma, a lot of hype and with no substance so far for the prices quoted

Its easy to play defensive midfield when you have 70 percent possession everyweek and still picked up 11 yellow cards. Dendoncker would look a star in Portugal in similar circumstances.

Dendoncker doesn't have the likes of Klopp and Ancelotti looking at him.

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think there is possibly more in this because of the Mendes links. And we’re in a much better place with Emery than we were when we were after Bissouma.

Â