Manuel Ugarte

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Criticise Chelsea all you like but most of there recent signings are on sub £100k pw… They’ve walked away from Ugarte after offering him £40k then £80k pw… Wages are the killer as they’re a recurring cost obviously. Think they’re being astute in many ways - scattergun approach aside.  

Screw Chelsea! Stole a place at the top table in 2003 using funds from a totalitarian regime!

• Like 1

There was never any reliable or even semi reliable evidence that we were even in for this player, so not sure why people are acting like we've missed out on a target.

If we were ever actually in for him you can be pretty sure that that Romano would have tweeted about it as would have been fed the information by Mendes as happened with Asensio and Alemany.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, useless said:

There was never any reliable or even semi reliable evidence that we were even in for this player, so not sure why people are acting like we've missed out on a target.

If we were ever actually in for him you can be pretty sure that that Romano would have tweeted about it as would have been fed the information by Mendes as happened with Asensio and Alemany.

Yeah, Ascensio we seemed to actually be in for, the speculation around this guy seemed to be fan driven and mainly then circulated by rags. 

• Like 2

If we imagine a scenario where we were in for him I have little doubt he probably would choose PSG or Chelsea over us as would be the case with most players at this present time, not trying to deny that, just doubting that we actually tried to sign him in the first place.

Whether we were in for him or not and I don't know either way, I'm sure we will be trying to sign numerous sought after players this summer, some we will miss out on and some we will manage to sign, which is pretty much the same for any ambitious club with good backing, even the most well positioned clubs miss out on some of their targets, but they just go and sign other top players, which I'm sure is what we will do, most important thing is the players we've signed come the end of the window, not the players we don't sign.

1 hour ago, useless said:

If we imagine a scenario where we were in for him I have little doubt he probably would choose PSG or Chelsea over us as would be the case with most players at this present time, not trying to deny that, just doubting that we actually tried to sign him in the first place.

Whether we were in for him or not and I don't know either way, I'm sure we will be trying to sign numerous sought after players this summer, some we will miss out on and some we will manage to sign, which is pretty much the same for any ambitious club with good backing, even the most well positioned clubs miss out on some of their targets, but they just go and sign other top players, which I'm sure is what we will do, most important thing is the players we've signed come the end of the window, not the players we don't sign.

Sadly your right until we have sustained success i dont think we can beat them.

But i think emery will get us there

In the majority of cases as it stands, players are going to choose the likes of PSG and Chelsea ahead of us.

But we will sometimes get players ahead of better position clubs or clubs that have had more recent success, as we've already shown and will probably show again as soon as this summer, as some players will prefer regular game time with us rather being squad players elsewhere.

Us going after ambitious targets isn't a waste of time, some will turn us down some won't.

1 minute ago, useless said:

In the majority of cases as it stands, players are going to choose the likes of PSG and Chelsea ahead of us.

But we will sometimes get players ahead of better position clubs or clubs that have had more recent success, as we've already shown and will probably show again as soon as this summer, as some players will prefer regular game time with us rather being squad players elsewhere.

Us going after ambitious targets isn't a waste of time, some will turn us down some won't.

Agreed its the right thing to do, we as fans probably need to understand that it'll come with a lot of frustration as we regularly miss out on exciting targets. 

Lot of work to do for our recruitment team, going to be a very very busy summer ahead and that wont mean big numbers coming through the door. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would have been an expensive back up here. Dendoncker could put up his stats in Portugal

Agreed. With Kamara and Luiz there is no need to spend 80 million euros on a young up and coming prospect.

So, if players choose PSG (or other uefa constants) over us,  I think that just means we have responsibility to improve and succeed such that in a year or so they are kicking themselves for being short-sighted.  Simple. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Is he rubbish now?

Yeah, yeah. Terrible attitude, lazy and tired of football. Anyone who signs for PSG instead of us is apparently a wasteman™

Sure the same goes if you sign for any moderately successful club.

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would have been an expensive back up here. Dendoncker could put up his stats in Portugal

Disagree, Dendoncker doesn’t have the energy or speed to play the pressing game as well.

Â