Lionel Messi

villarule123

I wonder how many Villa shirts we would sell in Argentina alone this summer if Messi signed.  I mean basically we'd have their two most important players at the club within 8 months of them winning the World Cup together.  We'd sell more shirts in a week than Messi's wages for the season would cost us.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We really dont need the moronic Pessi/Penaldo brigade near the club's social media

Doesn’t bother me, I don’t use social media (barring forums) so wouldn’t see it anyway. In fact your post is the first time I’ve read the word “Pessi” anywhere. But as I said in the bit of my post that you didn’t quote, I’m not sure I want the circus that comes with it.

The income jump would be immense and it would pay for his salary, no doubt. We’ve got a good thing going here in its own right, do we need a superstar name to make a name for ourselves?

24 minutes ago, allani said:

I wonder how many Villa shirts we would sell in Argentina alone this summer if Messi signed.  I mean basically we'd have their two most important players at the club within 8 months of them winning the World Cup together.  We'd sell more shirts in a week than Messi's wages for the season would cost us.....

But we don't make the money from that... I don't think.  Pretty sure fanatics would reap the shirt sale rewards.

6 hours ago, villarule123 said:

There was rumours Alemany wanted to leave Barca because they were bringing Messi back, maybe he turned us down at the last minute because he found out we were bringing Messi here instead? 

You have ice running through your veins @Villarule123.

(I like it). 

If he stays in Europe, he's going to a Champions League club. Otherwise, he's going to a retirement league. It's as simple as that.

Maybe, maybe if we had somehow snuck into the CL, we could have dreamt that Emi's influence might have brought him here. But a club that's in the conference or not in Europe at all? Forget about it.

44 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But we don't make the money from that... I don't think.  Pretty sure fanatics would reap the shirt sale rewards.

Correct. Whatever the deal is with Castore is what we get from shirt sales.

58 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm sure that Chris Heck will find a way of getting us the money.  Maybe not from the direct sales but if we are in danger of suddenly selling a LOT of shirts then I suspect that someone will be on the phone to someone else negotiating on whatever deal we have signed and getting them to agree to new and improved terms. 😉

Edited by allani

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I love all the serious posts in this thread. 😂. I mean cod you just lighten up ? 

We’ve got to bream big if we want to hake it to the top. Lionel fish Messi would ruddy love to join Villa, eel jump in his motorpike and sidecarp and be here in a flash. 

• Haha 1

Headline: Aston Villa Set to Sensationally Secure Lionel Messi's Signature

Date: May 24, 2023

In a shocking turn of events, Aston Villa Football Club has emerged as the frontrunner to acquire the services of footballing legend Lionel Messi once his contract with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) expires. The Argentine maestro, widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, has reportedly turned down offers from Middle Eastern clubs as well as lucrative offers from Major League Soccer (MLS) teams, opting instead for a move to the English Premier League.

Rumors surrounding Messi's future have been rife since his departure from Barcelona in 2021, and it seems the football world is about to witness another seismic shift. Despite his impressive stint at PSG, where Messi showcased his exceptional skills, it appears that the allure of playing in the world's most competitive league has captured his attention.

Aston Villa, under the ownership of ambitious billionaire Nassef Sawiris, has been making significant strides in recent years, and this potential signing would undoubtedly cement their status as a force to be reckoned with in English football. The Birmingham-based club has long been associated with a rich history and passionate fanbase, and the addition of Lionel Messi would propel them into the upper echelons of the Premier League.

Sources close to the negotiations suggest that Aston Villa's project, spearheaded by manager Dean Smith, played a pivotal role in Messi's decision. The club's long-term vision, commitment to nurturing young talent, and plans for further investment have reportedly impressed the 35-year-old superstar.

This unexpected move would see Messi join a talented squad that already boasts promising talents such as Jack Grealish, Ollie Watkins, and Emi Martinez. The prospect of witnessing the mesmerizing link-up play between Messi and Grealish is sure to excite fans and pundits alike.

While some may question the financial implications of such a blockbuster transfer, it is worth noting that Aston Villa has shown considerable financial strength in recent years. Moreover, their willingness to invest in the squad and provide the necessary resources for success is evident through their previous acquisitions.

As the football world braces itself for this groundbreaking transfer, Aston Villa's rivals and fans across England are left astounded by the audacity of their potential capture. Lionel Messi's arrival at Villa Park would undoubtedly shake up the Premier League, injecting even more excitement into an already fiercely competitive season.

Only time will tell if this unprecedented move comes to fruition, but one thing is for certain: Aston Villa, Lionel Messi, and the entire football fraternity eagerly await the moment when the Argentine genius steps foot onto the hallowed grounds of Villa Park.

Yes.. Chat GPT did this.. Dean Smith

:lol: 

Â