Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

Just now, ender4 said:

Yes it's tricky to assess that deal - partly because we don't know the detail and partly because we don't know if the deal he got was just what any CCO would have got for Villa at this point or whether he actually did get us a deal far above what we would have got with say Purslow or some other CCO.

Purslow got us Castore and the players were complaining about the quality of it.

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Purslow got us Castore and the players were complaining about the quality of it.

To be fair the Castore kits last season were fine, the sweaty kits this season were on Heck's watch 😉 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So you believe the good bits and don’t believe the bad bits. 

What a surprise

I don't think there are any good bits in the letter. I am just dismissing the entire letter as disgruntled employee's during a restructure of an under performing department of a Business.

I am not surprised at all - in fact it's entirely expected - to see some staff or former staff of the under performing department unhappy with the changes taking place. 

Edited by CVByrne

Anyway Heck comes across as a bit of a bell end so I suspect he is one and not used to a different way of working other than a hiring-and-firing American one.  It would help if he bothered to clear up the badge and North Stand stuff.  It just seems as if he is hiding.

If he does use the word 'cocksucker' then he is bang out of order.  It's a horrid, homophobic and misogynistic insult and would deserve sacking just for that.

44 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

No matter what happens with heck, we can't deny his tenure has been bad so far. He has alienated the fan base with a corporate money grab strategy and lack of consultation. Backtracked on north stand and badge, before later seeking to implement something worse that looks to have been done as an afterthought in 5 minutes (again without fan consultation). Now we are hearing about rumours of him mistreating staff and creating a toxic environment. It doesn't paint a great picture, even if some of the rumours are not true.

There only good thing he has done is the Adidas deal, but I don't think that was a difficult negotiation, given our owner's ties with the company, upwards trajectory on the pitch and recent popularity in the media.

Are you joking? Heck so far has impressed me. Adidas in on a lucrative new deal is a great start. Cancelling the NS is the right call at this point in time. Stopping the boring run of the mill Round Badge before it was too late.

All the things people claim are bad (with exception of Adidas) are the things he's done good 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah i saw that as well, reference to " being in a 50 million FFP hole hence rumours of Ramsey sale in summer ", which make absolutely no sense. How would he have anything to do with that, whilst not even bring here a full year yet.

Well it's in his remit to improve our finances by making the club more successful off the pitch. It doesn't bode well if we're spending £4.75 million to get out of a kit deal, scraping an infrastructure plan intended to improve match day income.... and binning off an expensive brand redesign on a whim if we're trying to close a supposed £50 million FFP gap.

His performance off the field very much impacts what we're able to do on it 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Well it's in his remit to improve our finances by making the club more successful off the pitch. It doesn't bode well if we're spending £4.75 million to get out of a kit deal, scraping an infrastructure plan intended to improve match day income.... and binning off an expensive brand redesign on a whim if we're trying to close a supposed £50 million FFP gap.

Lol... You don't have to be a businessman to realise that we would need to pay to get out of a contractual agreement early did you, surely?

You can't even bin useless players off for free is they have valid contracts.

I assume that breach of contract avenues will have been pursued prior to coming to terms on paying them off for the greater good.

This is just more scraping the barrel bullsh*t, at the time, not one person was concerned about the terms of getting the Adidas deal and binning Castore.

There are much more serious allegations to be looked at, that one in particular has no logic to it.

Also as noted, he didn't even make the Castore deal, and everybody to a man on here wanted us out of it. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

where did the fell out with monchi and doesn't like emery's management style come from?

at this rate he's about 2 days away from someone declaring they have strong evidence he's got tom brady posters on his wall

I believe its worse, he has Karren Brady photos on the wall

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Are you joking? Heck so far has impressed me. Adidas in on a lucrative new deal is a great start. Cancelling the NS is the right call at this point in time. Stopping the boring run of the mill Round Badge before it was too late.

All the things people claim are bad (with exception of Adidas) are the things he's done good 

I disagree, strongly,  obviously- especially since the new Stand would help bridge the revenue gap long term.

Anyway, may I ask you how you think he has communicated these decisions and how he has brought fans along with him? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Right... He should have said pretty please Castore, release us from this multimillion pound, legally binding contractual deal , which still has years to go, for free, so we can go with another company whilst compounding and damaging your reputation further, I'm sure it was pretty easy stuff for any normal person to sort out.

Do you think we have a legal team, and different departments to handle stuff like this? Or do you reckon Chris Heck just runs around each department seeing how best he can make shit decisions? 

The rest of that is speculation with no knowledge of end product. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I am more and more convinced you are actually Chris c*cksucker Heck 😆😝

(yes i'm joking... or am i? 🙃).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I disagree, strongly,  obviously- especially since the new Stand would help bridge the revenue gap long term.

Anyway, may I ask you how you think he has communicated these decisions and how he has brought fans along with him? 

I don't think you get special dispensation for breaching FFP rules in a season by saying that you only did it so that you'd have more money the following season.  If we are £50m short on FFP (which I don't think we are) then splashing out more money isn't the answer (even if in the long term it would be beneficial).

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

But the main way they can compete with the big boys is with the new stand. 

So much commercial revenue sacrificed.

I don’t think it is Sid.  I posted about this elsewhere: the money earned from each supporter is paltry, lots of other “smaller” clubs out performing us handsomely.

The stand extension is only a small part of the issue. I don’t see the logic spending £100m to gain 8-10K seats in an out dated stadium that is way off, it was conceived in a bygone era and is no longer driving revenue as it should. It’s a sticking plaster that won’t earn anything back from that that Investment. My guess it was rushed through for the Euro's. I would imagine NSWE have far bigger aspirations and don’t want to throw away £100m.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I don't think there are any good bits in the letter. I am just dismissing the entire letter as disgruntled employee's during a restructure of an under performing department of a Business.

I am not surprised at all - in fact it's entirely expected - to see some staff or former staff of the under performing department unhappy with the changes taking place. 

But if the letter is true, and I stress it’s IF, then this isn’t just a disgruntled employee unhappy at some changes. It’s gross misconduct. It’s breaking the law. 

That’s not ok. 

You’ve previously been licking his arse so it’s no surprise you’ve taken positives out of the whole situation rather than the very obvious negatives 

Â