Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

20 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I have an idea! Perhaps he can sign up on Villa talk and interact with the fans? Go by the nick General Charles, sorry, Chris Heck perhaps?

Then all would be fine again.

Ah man I miss the days of chatting to the General on here, they were epic. 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Ah man I miss the days of chatting to the General on here, they were epic. 

What was the name of the poor person he through all the issues towards, think was Nicky Key or something.

I dread to see her Inbox the next day after a night of {I am guessing} his drunken rants on here

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What was the name of the poor person he through all the issues towards, think was Nicky Key or something.

I dread to see her Inbox the next day after a night of {I am guessing} his drunken rants on here

Yea think so! Wasn’t she like head of ticketing or something along those lines! 

Copied from the fan consultation meeting thread as probably more relevant here...

Heck's remit is to increase income, and explains the drive to deliver new offerings over improve existing ones.

If you improve existing ones first, then noone wants the upgraded offerings when they come out. Certainly not for the premium you'd happily pay when the alternative is literally standing in piss.

Instead you do what Heck did... you get them hooked in (by season long commitment or used to the luxury) and then improve what lies elsewhere, but not to the degree that you encourage the ones happy to pay more to abandon the new offerings.

Heck then leaves the messaging to someone else...who clearly isn't very good at handling difficult communications.

• 2 months later...

Interview with Heck up on AVTV

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/december/19/chris-heck-interview/

President of Business Operations Chris Heck has spoken to VillaTV to share a mid-season update following his first six months at Aston Villa and discuss exciting plans for 2024 and beyond.

Chris covers a number of topics including his first impressions of the club, his views on Villa Park, our new crest, the forthcoming 150th anniversary season and, above all, expresses his gratitude to all Villans who have welcomed him into his role.

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Chris covers a number of topics including his first impressions of the club, his views on Villa Park, our new crest, the forthcoming 150th anniversary season and, above all, expresses his gratitude to all Villans who have welcomed him into his role.

Assume the video is about 3 seconds long then...

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, juanpabloingram said:

Actions speak louder than words. He talks about fan first approach but everything I've seen under his watch is purely commercial first and / or purely based on his own decisions.

Fair comment.

A decent, and heavily controlled interview from the club. He comes off OK.

I'm sceptical the home form is completely the reason for stopping north stand construction. More like the chance to whack up ticket prices while we're flying, then coin in 42k worth.

We shall see.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, juanpabloingram said:

Actions speak louder than words. He talks about fan first approach but everything I've seen under his watch is purely commercial first and / or purely based on his own decisions.

Agreed, the talk so far hasn’t matched the actions.  It’s still early days for him so I’m intrigued to see the next 12 months and whether his words match what he’s saying in this approach.  This mornings actions/posts aren’t leading that way imo.

• Like 1

Â