Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

I really don’t care much about the executives of Aston Villa football club tbh … it’s on the pitch that matters and I don’t understand the ire of some towards a man whose job position they do not understand nor know the remit of … just enjoy what’s on the pitch and leave the other stuff to the experts and out billionaire businessman custodians perhaps ?! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I really don’t care much about the executives of Aston Villa football club tbh … it’s on the pitch that matters and I don’t understand the ire of some towards a man whose job position they do not understand nor know the remit of … just enjoy what’s on the pitch and leave the other stuff to the experts and out billionaire businessman custodians perhaps ?! 

Fully agree on the footballing part. But how do you feel about the decisions made so far under Heck and the reasoning/excuses he's given? Or do you not care/have an opinion because someone in a high position gave them and then it must be correct?

For me I don't feel the reasoning we've been given for the changes/no changes holds up. May very well be that there are perfectly valid reasons (money?) to what they are doing but I don't think those are the ones we've been given. And that's causing questions.

As for design and understanding English/European football and fans then I'm not sure that what works in the US works here and vice versa.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Out of interest, how far does your indifference extend?

The business folk raise ticket prices 200%, that ok?

The business folk decide the club is to be sponsored by some company that uses child labour, that ok?

The club changes the stadium name to the Shitty Shit Arena, that ok too?

These would all be off field issues, they presumably are therefore of no concern to you?

For the record I haven’t said anything positive or negative regarding Heck. I haven’t seen or heard anything from him yet that has impressed me, but I’m aware it’s still early on in his time here. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I think Heck is pretty lucky things have been going well on the pitch so there is a lot of good will. Can you imagine if this stuff was going on and we were struggling in the league.

There would be absolute uproar. 

Still, at least he's not Purslow. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There would be absolute uproar. 

Still, at least he's not Purslow. 

I kinda miss Purslow….now we’d have a permanent crest and not two crests this this season along with an unwarranted, non-consulted with fans, shield that only 8% of fans according to the survey wanted and even the FAB members that have seen the new crest aren’t happy.  Also we’d be getting a new North stand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s literally his job to have good comms and relations with his customers (sorry fanbase!) so that he can maximise both customer experience and income. If you get it right, it’s a self powering dynamic. Give people stuff they actually want and be transparent in comms and they will gladly spend their money on the club, particularly during this halcyon extended honeymoon period on the pitch.

Heck unfortunately though has shown an innate ability to piss the fanbase off at every given opportunity and literally disappeared off the face of the earth for a couple of months until we were about to go top of the league. He’s shown appalling incompetence in branding so far - apparently the thing he was famous for .

Of course if he delivers a new branding to be proud of and is working on some kind of master plan re the stadium I’ll quite happily change my mind. 

All the signs at the moment though are that it will be all shite though and he’ll limp to the summer and the new commercial deals - that a one legged blind monkey could probably negotiate considering the drastic improvement on the pitch - that will be confirmed in the summer will be used as some kind of proof that this fraud knows what he’s doing. 

• Like 4

Lets just change the badge every 12 months like the shirt. All versions get a go then. :suspect:

Heck seems like a disaster from what I have read. Typical new senior exec coming in and changing things so it looks like he is making a difference. Seen it at my place for years. The person who comes in after Heck will change everything back again. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Just bumping this up. When do you think he will get sacked? I’ll go for summer 2025. God knows how much damage he will have done to the clubs relationship with the fans by then. 

I think he’s here on a contract for a specific period of time - either 2 or 3 years. He will sort the branding and improve revenue in the short-term before moving on having completed his remit. 

1 hour ago, El Segundo said:

I would happily go and I would happily tell Heck exactly what I think of him (politely of course)

🤣 Calling him an untrustworthy blatant liar and a charlatan spouting bollocks (all in your last post) is far from polite! 🤣

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think he’s here on a contract for a specific period of time - either 2 or 3 years. He will sort the branding and improve revenue in the short-term before moving on having completed his remit. 

And how is sorting the branding out going so far? A blind child could have done better. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, est1874 said:

🤣 Calling him an untrustworthy blatant liar and a charlatan spouting bollocks (all in your last post) is far from polite! 🤣

True I suppose - I may not put it in such terms if actually at a "Consultancy" (or Whitewash) session but I would not hesitate to point out the dishonesty and lack of transparency and factual bases in pretty much all of his communications with us - e.g. Terrace View, Holte Suite and now the delay to the redevelopment - so far and ask him why we should trust anything he says.  

Â