Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Let’s go with Puma…

so we have two wild cats on the shirts…

wonder what directions they will be facing…

Puma should be facing away,  bad look for the lion if it looks like it’s being chased…

🤷‍♂️

Would be peak Villa... running from an opponent they should be able to defeat relatively easily and cocking it up 😂

Tarzan watching on like " You know you're the bigger and stronger cat... right? "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why do we think this is the case?

I think this has been said going back to the Luke kit, and while it may have been true years ago, I find it incredibly hard to believe that it's true right now, and that Castore have put out a public statement holding their hands up rather than saying "Well, actually, this isn't our fault..."

It definitely was the case for Luke, not sure on Kappa and Castore.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

An embarrassment from the club to have Castore, whoever signed off on it should be ashamed

Apparently they had a connection to a certain failed ''manager'' so unsurprising they were shit and unsurprising they were signed up

Yet it was perfectly fine last year. There was zero wrong with the deal. Many sporting teams are using them across a variety of sports. Nothing to be ashamed of signing with them. Yes it’s a shambles this year, but that’s in Castore’s manufacturing.

As for the second part, that’s just pathetic.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would be peak Villa... running from an opponent they should be able to defeat relatively easily and cocking it up 😂

Tarzan watching on like " You know you're the bigger and stronger cat... right? "

Don’t worry, they’ll just be running away from each other 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Plot twist.

This... too... was strategic... and "leaked" by the club as well for leverage and pressure to exit Castore deal?

Absolutely no way that it wasn't a sly press release to achieve something. Club don't want to be directly associated which is fair enough, but there was way too much coverage on this way too quickly for it to just be a player or two voicing their discontent. You've also got the club journalists like Percy and Gregg on the case: given how closely connected they are to the club you'd imagine they wouldn't be writing several articles about it if Villa didn't want a lot of coverage about the kits.

Still appalling it's taken this long for something to be done for an issue thats been apparent for months. I presume they've probably been trying to sort something out with Castore but have gotten frustrated, hence the leaks?

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

So long term, we terminate the contract and get another supplier for next year… but what are the short term options?

Last years kit seems an obvious one, but, are there legal reasons why we can’t? Not least everyone who bought a new, now defunct, kit?

Or do they re manufacture a couple of hundred shirts for the squad to use for the rest of the season which look the same but actually perform?

I think the really important thing is that we find ourselves a deal that benefits the club financially.

With United getting £90m per season, City getting £65m, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all getting £60m, Newcastle rumoured to be getting £40m per season with their new Adidas deal, and Spurs getting £30m per season, you can see where our current £4m per season deal with Castore leaves us quite a way behind. 

While I would be delighted with something nearer to the £30m that Spurs get each year, I could see it being somewhere between £10m-£15m. Just my opinion, but while ‘Shirt-Gate’ has provided us with a great opportunity to get out of the deal, I wouldn’t say it puts us in the strongest position from a negotiating position.

57 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Just my opinion, but while ‘Shirt-Gate’ has provided us with a great opportunity to get out of the deal, I wouldn’t say it puts us in the strongest position from a negotiating position.

Or, it could put is in a strong position.  This castore business has generated a stir so there will be mileage in being the next brand we do business with. We went from a crap supplier to one we know we can rely on to get the job done??

Please not Under Armour again, I don't think they've ever made a decent football kit. Every single design they made for Spurs was crap and for the two years they made ours they got the colours completely wrong.

Would love to see a Hummel remake of the 1988 kits but I guess that's not going to happen if they can't afford us now.

Knowing Villa, we'll be back with Macron for next year 😆😭

12 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

And no to Nike. Those templates they use are horrendous. Adidas? Quality but I always see 80's West Ham when I think if our colours on their kits. Unless we go full retro round colour classic.

I really don't know, Puma? Umbro?

Chances are that template will be gone next year anyway, they've already used it for two seasons. 

Calls for Puma are making me sweaty, it's an absolute crapshoot whether you're getting something nice or something absolutely horrific.  Those shirts from two seasons back with just the club name blazoned across the chest.... shudder.