Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Another challenge with writing off this seasons kit is you'll need to refund the sales of it so far and replace it with nothing. I can see it happening, castore will just correct the manufacturing issue. We'll see if the club want to stick or twist with them as a future supplier. I can't see them changing. We've only recently picked them and there were obviously reasons for that. If we could have gone Adidas, nike etc, why didn't we. I imagine it's commercial related. 

20 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Another challenge with writing off this seasons kit is you'll need to refund the sales of it so far and replace it with nothing. I can see it happening, castore will just correct the manufacturing issue. We'll see if the club want to stick or twist with them as a future supplier. I can't see them changing. We've only recently picked them and there were obviously reasons for that. If we could have gone Adidas, nike etc, why didn't we. I imagine it's commercial related. 

Assuming they keep the current design but fix the faulty materials for the players' kit, that's fine for the replica, but I'd not be happy if I've spent £115+ on a "pro" shirt that is apparently not fit for purpose.

Edited by Davkaus

They could easily produce a kit in a suitable material for the women's game on the weekend. 

I appreciate it will be very expensive per shirt, but the total cost is a drop in the ocean, particularly considering we can all see how this will play out over social media. 

Sorry if you addressed this question in the podcast @NurembergVillan, I've not had a chance to listen yet. Do these companies not go through rigorous testing with people wearing the shirts and subsequently screen tests before they are signed off? Seems a little silly not to when it's the thing representing you as a brand and has already accrued significant costs from day 1 of the deal. 

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Assuming they keep the current design but fix the faulty materials for the players' kit, that's fine for the replica, but I'd not be happy if I've spent £115+ on a "pro" shirt that is apparently not first for purpose.

it would be interesting to know if the "pro" shirts are actually the same as the club pro shirts and therefor carry the same issue.

We need a couple of weatlhy VTers to put themselves through a full 90 minutes (actually 20 minutes should do it).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Nike please.

I'm a big fan of Under Armour myself!

High quality and great fits, last for years and years.

Like Adidas as well.

Do Under Armour Sponsor any PL clubs, or Football clubs at all?

May be an opportunity there.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1