Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

So are these different versions or is the material super stretchy?

spacer.png

The shirt in the tweet is the standard shirt, and the shirt in the render (with Douglas Luiz on the back) is the Pro version.

You can tell because the piping on the shoulders are in different positions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

The shirt in the tweet is the standard shirt, and the shirt in the render (with Douglas Luiz on the back) is the Pro version.

You can tell because the piping on the shoulders are in different positions.

Apparently Dan said this was the Pro shirt in his video review on his Instagram 

10 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Apparently Dan said this was the Pro shirt in his video review on his Instagram 

I'm just going off what I can see in the Villa store online and what I heard in the 'For the Love of McGrath' podcast yesterday. From that the Pro shirt seems to have the piping in a different position, It may be that the render on the store is wrong though, I've not had a Pro shirt in hand to confirm either way. 

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The more photos i see with fans in these and players the more they grow on me to be fair.

I'm fickle AF though.

I still think it’s a bit shit but having realised and heard (from Rob on the podcast) that the website image is a 3d render (that pic, shade of colour and especially the pattern disgusted me) and not a proper image of the actual shirt… it’s not quite as bad and looks ok in the club media, worn by the players and fans. It looks completely different tbf and that’s a bit of a relief.

I still think it’s a poor design, it’s mainly the bus seat design or pattern that I hate, but the shade looks better than before.

Will just have to get used to it but I think it’s one of our poorer efforts, last season’s was fine. The large chevrons were much better than this crap, supposed to be “sound waves” but look more like broken razor blades. 

Maybe we were spoiled by the Luke shirt, it was almost perfect, designs and quality have largely and severely declined since then. We need a better manufacturer and I hope Heck sorts this out for us in the not too distant future. I’m intrigued to see what he’s going to do and he deserves a chance… regardless of the badge fiasco. Interested to see what he comes up with there too despite the fan furore…

• Like 2

I actually can't stand the new kit. No one seemed to be thinking about the overall artistic impact -- well, in fairness, they probably did, but they simply have awful taste. Hate all the overthought patterns and general frippery and the unctuous efforts to put meaning before style. I don't give a shit about sound waves. I can't hear a kit. And what's that bit of claret piping on the sleeves?  Is that necessary? What about the blue band above the butt in the back. Why? What's that all about? What's not on this kit? Is there a kitchen sink included?

But it's Villa ! I will make myself love it. We will all grow to love it, right? Here, gimme some more ... eat, eat, child, you must eat and grow strong ...

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

Went to the store today and picked up the shirt. I wasn't planning to but had pride rewards to pick up so had a look while i was there and it was much nicer in the flesh. I've got McGinn on the back and it fits fine. Numbers seem bigger this year though 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 5-1 said:

Went to the store today and picked up the shirt. I wasn't planning to but had pride rewards to pick up so had a look while i was there and it was much nicer in the flesh. I've got McGinn on the back and it fits fine. Numbers seem bigger this year though 

The Premier League has launched a new typeface too, so that'd explain that.

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

The jerseys that Philly had under his charge were very nice:

image.png.822ae097873539c6d04fea3f1f38ce16.png

I do wonder if he has a good relationship with Nike and we'll be going back to them after this Castore fiasco. 

Sawiris is adidas’s largest individual shareholder with about 6% of their shares, so I think it’s far more likely we move to them as out kit manufacturer. 

The Castore kit was crap last year and worse this year.  Saved myself well over a hundred quid by not buying either of their offerings.  

like the badge this year, but the shirt looks like Burnley 🙄

Edited by macandally

13 hours ago, lexicon said:

The jerseys that Philly had under his charge were very nice:

image.png.822ae097873539c6d04fea3f1f38ce16.png

I do wonder if he has a good relationship with Nike and we'll be going back to them after this Castore fiasco. 

I think the company that makes those also makes our shirts - or at least the company that sells those also makes our shirts.

I have a feeling that both the NFL and the NBA are Fanatics contracts with Nike branding.

I might be completely wrong on that.

On 22/06/2023 at 22:45, NurembergVillan said:

These are definitely just 3D renders so are likely to be from earlier in the design process. McGinn will be wearing the right shirt.

For those of you that want an hour's worth of my opinions on shirt, badge and sponsor, it's your lucky day!

Great to watch. Thanks for sharing Rob. Love your insights into football kit manufacture and design. 

• Like 1

I can't wait until we scrap Gerrard's Castore and the gambling sponsor. 3 more years, I guess. Then hopefully we get Adidas, and not cookie cutter Adidas. And a respectable sponsor with a cool logo.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's growing on me - I'm starting to like the shoulders.

It's far from the worst we've seen. Just not close to the best, either.

Could someone with skills mock up v version with white sleeves & shoulders instead and blue piping and neckline ? Also think the badge would look better in just gold / silver 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I can't wait until we scrap Gerrard's Castore and the gambling sponsor. 3 more years, I guess. Then hopefully we get Adidas, and not cookie cutter Adidas. And a respectable sponsor with a cool logo.

Is there anything else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1