Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

I'd like something more worthy as a sponsor but I'm not going to pontificate about it. I just want it to look right and not dominate the shirt.

My own feelings re: gambling sponsors. I do sympathise with anybody suffering with gambling addiction but then there's always a negative spin.
If it was Cadbury it would be insensitive to those suffering eating disorders. If it was alcohol... well, you get the idea.

The graphic with the old badge was a faux pas and I say that as a marketeer. I understand keeping the powder dry re: new badge but we all know its the roundel now so just go with it.

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Thanks, still haven't got a clue what the actual issue was though.

In June 2021 Norwich City agreed a deal with BK8 only for the deal to be terminated shortly after due to the company’s sexual exploitation of women. - by doing what?? Forgive me for requiring evidence.

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

In June 2021 Norwich City agreed a deal with BK8 only for the deal to be terminated shortly after due to the company’s sexual exploitation of women. - by doing what?? Forgive me for requiring evidence.

They had footage of Doris getting hot and steamy in the canteen.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Thanks, still haven't got a clue what the actual issue was though.

"Young women in revealing clothing were a consistent theme of the company’s marketing. Norwich persuaded BK8 to delete content from their Instagram channel, only for fans to uncover BK8’s services to their Malaysian customers which included, among similar offerings, “sexy Baccarat” and videos of suggestive hot dog-swallowing contests."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/10/norwich-axe-bk8-sponsorship-deal-over-sexualised-marketing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Question for the people who reckon having a gambling sponsor is going to turn everyone into zombies and addicts...

How many of you have ever owned a Mita copier, or gotten a car from Cazoo?

alternative example, how many under 16s ate Muller yoghurts exclusively, i know i did.

I think its fair to say that advertisers can have an impact by giving you awareness. Does it drive explicit loyalty probably not.

My issue with a gambling sponsor is that it will likely give a platform for gambling offers. You dont have to watch much of sky sports to see a specific offer relevant to a game appear. You dont have to listed to talk sport for long until Alan Brazil is debating how much money he lost on paddy power, no hears paddy with another offer.

People who gamble will always gamble. Plenty of opportunities for them, but make a bookmaker the main sponsor of a football club will potential give that bookmaker the opportunity to glamourise their industry to a group of families and children. 

• Like 1