Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 22:59

3 hours ago, TRO said:

We are drifting in to a zone, where opponents are stopping us playing......far better than we are stopping them.

Yes. It really looks.like that. Previously we were playing through the middle, midfield turn and play watkins in. Teams are.now.on the midfield immediately.  Hope there is a plan b

24 minutes ago, skell said:

Yes. It really looks.like that. Previously we were playing through the middle, midfield turn and play watkins in. Teams are.now.on the midfield immediately.  Hope there is a plan b

Not at the moment, cos we don't have any wingers, but once we have quality out there, we can switch it wide in those circumstances. Overloading on defence will always open gaps elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

It is, it worse than I first thought his arm goes out towards the ball, how VAR looking at that cannot see its a handball & a penalty beggars belief 🤦‍♂️ really thought if we'd have got an equaliser we'd of gone on & won that game. 😡 fecking officials 

I'm out in Dubai this week and watched it here with Keys and Gray doing the analysis.

Their view was that it's not a penalty as the ball isn't heading to a Villa player.

Which is clearly a load of bollocks.

43 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm out in Dubai this week and watched it here with Keys and Gray doing the analysis.

Their view was that it's not a penalty as the ball isn't heading to a Villa player.

Which is clearly a load of bollocks.

Well he stops the ball moving further away. It's a pen there's no doubt.

• Like 1

So **** frustrating. 

The impact is has on the European chase isn't really bothering me too much, as it was always going to be a long shot. It's more the fact that Wolves are **** shit and yet we still struggle.

The most frustrating tonight was Buendia, I like him but what’s the point of patient build up if he’s just gonna push a low percentage pass time after time. It’s obviously an important position for what Unai wants to achieve so a better passer with the ability to ride a challenge is necessary IMO.

Bossed the game but couldn’t break them down. Crazy how his happens in the Premier league team against a team that cost more than ours. 

Let’s go back to talking about how shit the squad is.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Still really **** off about this one, just given those mutants an opportunity to crawl back out from under their rocks. Really irritates me that this was just SO **** predictable after their drubbing last week, losing 1-0 was simply the most Aston Villa thing we could’ve done. 

the problem is he is basically trying to work miracles with what is not much different from the players Gerrard had, we need some fresh blood in the squad to give him the ability to change tack effectively enough to turn things around on days like today

Edited by Podster
  • Like 1

I must say I was surprised with the selection of Traore starting we all know his not a 90 min player just plays cameos.I think the Dendocker move wasn't a great one it disrupt our midfield personally understand he wanted more attacking flair etc didn't work.

Edited by ozvilla28

18 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

I must say I was surprised with the selection of Traore starting we all know his not a 90 min player just plays cameos.I think the Dendocker move wasn't a great one it disrupt our midfield personally understand he wanted more attacking flair etc didn't work.

I think there has been a general drop off in performance and we play better with Kamara in the team. Going back to Brentford 

17 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Not at the moment, cos we don't have any wingers, but once we have quality out there, we can switch it wide in those circumstances. Overloading on defence will always open gaps elsewhere.

Well said!

We need wingers, proper wingers. We need them to be really fast and really effective/skillful/good at crossing... And with a bit of luck very intelligent too, ideally. We used to have some great wingers, e.g. the two Tonys (Morley and Daley), Walters, young Ashley Young... I miss those times. It seems like ages since we've had a top quality winger. ☹️This has held us back for too long, enough is enough. It's high time we had one again. Or two. Two would be even better, of course.

I'm not saying that Traore or Bailey are very bad overall as they have both had a few good or quite good performances for us, some of those from the bench... but I've gathered from lots of posts I've read on VT that we badly need a winger or two who is/are better, who is/are consistently good. (As opposed to not bad sometimes or now and then quite good on a good day, etc... ).

Edited by robby b

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Depends if Dendoncker looked tired in training or off.  Remember he hasn’t played much this season but then thrown in for a quick succession of games when Kamara got injured.  I thought he’s looked good in recent weeks but we don’t know behind the scenes because I thought it was strange to start Traore, so maybe it was just tactical but maybe it was more than that.  Too early for Kamara 90 mins but Dendoncker was to start so Emery switched it up…just a thought! Whatever Traore didn’t work.

Doesn't even matter who we sign. It never  change.

There is something 'midtableness' about our club that seem to have existed for agres and deeply enrooted within the walls of the club.

I don't know how or if he will be able to change the mentality. It will be the hardest part.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

There is something 'midtableness' about our club that seem to have existed for agres and deeply enrooted within the walls of the club.

I don't know how or if he will be able to change the mentality. It will be the hardest part.

giphy.gif

oh by the way, for a club that have walls of midtableness engrained we still did this…

IMG_0730.jpeg

so it is possible with the right coach to rise our head above our enrooted midtableness as you suggest that we have…I disagree with your premise and think we have the right owners, structure, manager and now Alemany that make the next step up very much possible…

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

If you can’t change the team, change the team! ;0)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I suggest you look at our final league position history over the last twelve years to put things in perspective.

Absolutely bizarre take.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Â