Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

Likewise didn’t know a thing about him 2 weeks ago so won’t she’s a tear. The only annoying thing is it seems several clubs are looking to fill this position and it was nice to know we’d stolen a march on them and got a key appointment sorted early. 

I work in recruitment and this type of thing happens all the time. 

Humans are very annoying. 

• Like 1

The more I think about it the more annoyed I am getting, mainly at the fact that we probably had a lot of plans in place in terms of our strategy over the summer, which were based around this bloke. Now they have been completely ruined. Grrrr. So frustrating for us. 

Edited by Tayls

11 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The more I think about it the more annoyed I am getting, mainly at the fact that we probably had a lot of plans in place in terms of our strategy over the summer, which were based around this bloke. Now they have been completely ruined. Grrrr. So frustrating for us. 

Nothing stopping us executing those plans with someone else. Emery is still the key. He was just a lubricant. We find another one (or use the ones we already have) and move on.

Meh.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Nothing stopping us executing those plans with someone else. Emery is still the key. He was just a lubricant. We find another one (or use the ones we already have) and move on.

Meh.

Agree with this. No sensible business develops plans which depend completely on one person only and that person being the sole focus of operation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Even if he was still joining us. It wasn’t going to be until July. He has absolutely nothing to do with our summer plans, which have likely been in place for months.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Even if he was still joining us. It wasn’t going to be until July. He has absolutely nothing to do with our summer plans, which have likely been in place for months.

But we don’t really know how long we have been expecting to bring him in… didn’t Emery supposedly fly out to somewhere in Jan/Feb for a ‘meeting’… was it with this bloke? We’ll never know obviously... but I think this is bad news for us and sets us back in terms of our summer plans. Also poaching a backup is going to be awkward as hell, so does this mean we have to rethink our senior management structure? So many questions… 

Edited by Tayls

Just now, Tayls said:

But we don’t really know how long we have been expecting to bring him in… didn’t Emery supposedly fly out to somewhere in Jan/Feb for a ‘meeting’… was it with this bloke? We’ll never know obviously... but I think this is bad news for us and sets us back. 

I’m not too sure about this but time will tell. We will be able to judge when the summer window closes.

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But we don’t really know how long we have been expecting to bring him in… didn’t Emery supposedly fly out to somewhere in Jan/Feb for a ‘meeting’… was it with this bloke? We’ll never know obviously... but I think this is bad news for us and sets us back in terms of our summer plans. Also poaching a backup is going to be awkward as hell, so does this mean we have to rethink our senior management structure? So many questions… 

Setting aside the clear conflict of interest in something like that, I’m sure there are all sorts of regulations that comes with fines and bans etc. I’m not sure our owners or Emery would be taking those sort of risks. 

Im going to go with the assumption that other than being in Birmingham for a brief visit, Alemany has nothing whatsoever to do with who we sign or try to sign this window. 

• Like 1

We move on with as little damage to our relationship with mendes as possible, 

If reports were true about us approaching poch, well then we clearly always have contingency plans in place

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

He probably saw that he had to deal with Purslow and Lange more than he wanted to.

Oh thank Christ.. I thought something sinister had happened. But no, it's Purslow.  Thank god for that. All is well with the world. 

hammaya-relaxed.gif

• Haha 3

I’m still not really clear on who he is or what his role would have been so won’t get too sad. I trust the club so if he “didn’t like what he saw” then whatever. I like what I see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’m increasingly convinced Alemany is a word removed. But instead of being happy the word removed isn’t coming, I’m worried about a potential messy summer window. It’s May 17, Emery and Alemany will have had discussions for months. Now what? Back to Lange’s spread sheet?

Well no. Someone else goes out and gets the players they've identified. I'm pretty sure Emery will still have their names on the back of a fag packet somewhere. 

panic-mainwaring.gif

• Like 1

So has any official source other than Twitter journos and the mental Barca guy shouting his mouth off with what was obviously absolute bollocks (wages the mighty Barca couldn't get close to and unlimited funds to spend). 

Has there actually been any official confirmation of this?

To me it seems like a bunch of rumours he was coming then a bunch of rumours he's changed his mind. 

• Like 1

From Football Espana:

"However, it appears that he has rejected Aston Villa, and according to Relevo, one of his reasons for doing so revolved around their financial situation. The Premier League side are said to not be in a positive economical situation, which seemingly indicated it would be difficult for them to sign players in this summer’s transfer window."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

From Football Espana:

"However, it appears that he has rejected Aston Villa, and according to Relevo, one of his reasons for doing so revolved around their financial situation. The Premier League side are said to not be in a positive economical situation, which seemingly indicated it would be difficult for them to sign players in this summer’s transfer window."

What a load of bollocks, worried about Villa's finances but ishappy enough with Barca's 🤣

Â