Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

How about....

Alemany wanted to leave for Villa and could see how several players at Barca could fit with our plans.  The news of our interest in Torres broke (I think around the time Alemany was supposed to be at VP?) and Laporte calls Alemany and tells him that he can't sell any players to Villa due to a conflict of interest.  Alemany makes his slightly odd statement in the media about not buying any Barcelona players at his new club.  In the meantime he gives Emery / Lange a list of the players that we should be buying and the prices that would be accepted.  He then "quits" his new job, rejoins Barcelona and can now negotiate with Lange on the players that he wanted us to sign from Barcelona.  Now that he works for Barcelona again - he can negotiate with us and sell us any players he likes and explain to Laporte how it is a good deal to help with their FFP challenges.  We buy 2 or 3 targets over the summer at "market value".  He stays at Barca to see out the rest of his contract and then is free to join whoever he likes at the end of next summer.

It would be pretty unethical - but no worse than Barca have treated many clubs down the years.

Not that big of a loss, think some wowed by Barcelona factor but he hasnt built anything at the club and signed a lot of overpaid players. A league title for them is not a successful reign

• Like 1

Still on a journey, were not where we want to be yet so there is going to be bumps in the road, who knows what impact he would of had, we move on & move on to option B 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Is he in anyway related to David Unsworth? 🤣

Oh well, I certainly won’t be losing any sleep.

His missus also didnt realise how far Barcelona was from Birmingham

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

So apparently project wasn't attractive enough. FFS. As usual with Villa one step forward two steps back.

Its not as enticing as playing fictional finances like he does at Barcelona. He will be shocked when clubs accept our money as real

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

So apparently project wasn't attractive enough. FFS. As usual with Villa one step forward two steps back.

Pretty impressive that he quit before he was given the job.

That sort of power cannot be contained.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, allani said:

How about....

Alemany wanted to leave for Villa and could see how several players at Barca could fit with our plans.  The news of our interest in Torres broke (I think around the time Alemany was supposed to be at VP?) and Laporte calls Alemany and tells him that he can't sell any players to Villa due to a conflict of interest.  Alemany makes his slightly odd statement in the media about not buying any Barcelona players at his new club.  In the meantime he gives Emery / Lange a list of the players that we should be buying and the prices that would be accepted.  He then "quits" his new job, rejoins Barcelona and can now negotiate with Lange on the players that he wanted us to sign from Barcelona.  Now that he works for Barcelona again - he can negotiate with us and sell us any players he likes and explain to Laporte how it is a good deal to help with their FFP challenges.  We buy 2 or 3 targets over the summer at "market value".  He stays at Barca to see out the rest of his contract and then is free to join whoever he likes at the end of next summer.

It would be pretty unethical - but no worse than Barca have treated many clubs down the years.

I like the idea, but doubt there would be any substance to it

• Like 1

I’m increasingly convinced Alemany is a word removed. But instead of being happy the word removed isn’t coming, I’m worried about a potential messy summer window. It’s May 17, Emery and Alemany will have had discussions for months. Now what? Back to Lange’s spread sheet?

46 minutes ago, allani said:

How about....

Very creative - oh for this to be true. But I won’t be holding my breath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Exactly!

Are you looking forward to another season in the championship? Can’t believe we’re still here, man. That Steve Bruce is a right numpty, eh! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’m increasingly convinced Alemany is a word removed. But instead of being happy the word removed isn’t coming, I’m worried about a potential messy summer window. It’s May 17, Emery and Alemany will have had discussions for months. Now what? Back to Lange’s spread sheet?

Not officially. And even if they did, we still go the the players and Lange and Purslow handle the negotiations, like we’ve been doing all along?

Edited by duke313

Alemany sounds as though he has been very effective for Barcelona. He seem's like an astute contracts negotiator, but he was hugely assisted by Barcelona's name and perception in the world wide football hierarchy, which enabled them to attract big name free contracts, and then sell some of them on at a profit.

He would not have had that magical "name" assistance at Aston Villa, which would have meant that he would just be a well connected negotiator working to the firm instructions of Unai Emery. His appointment would have been a publicity coup, but it is Emery who will make the big decisions on incoming players so I'm still very excited about the coming summer transfer window and beyond.

• Like 1

Â