Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

This type of appointment does raise the profile of the club and with Emery, Alamany and Benito we're looking to start taking the best Spanish talent and getting them to Villa. Making Villa a real option for those players

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Also worth noting that as a lawyer, with a masters in financial accounting, he probably knew the consequences of whatever deals he was making at Barca. Its likely he even told the powers that be that the sale of their future revenues will impact their stability in the future.

The crazy owners then probably said, well worry about that in 3 years time and negotiate more income from La Liga, don't worry about it  just get these players in. 

He's now leaving because they can't afford to match the salary we're offering him, and he can see the shitstorm heading Barca's way in a few years time and wants no part in it.

I'm not inclined to believe he was ignorant of the issues that the deals will cause Barca, or that he made them completely of his own volition without warning the owners of the long term financial/ legal impacts.

Final thoughts on this.... he's a huge statement of intent. Even if we ignore the hypothetical arguments I make above, this is a sign of how far our owners have taken us already, and how far they want to take us. 

Maybe the owners is a bigger factor than we're recognising - perhaps the single biggest of all, by quite a distance. 

The ownership in Spain looks mad - worse than here. Almost like the President is elected based on who can promise the most believable bull shit imaginable. 
Then look at ours. Not steeped in controversy. Not scum bags. Just good people doing a great job and keeping their word.

Maybe Nassef just spoke to him and told him the truth about their plans. When you are surrounded with bull shit, the truth can have a quite an effect.

56 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bring back Wyness and his Alexa.

Or Tom Fox and his false narratives.

Those where the days.

I went back and re-watched that Tom Fox interview out of morbid curiosity. Christ alive, we are worlds away from that now!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Congratulations on the unnecessary Purslow dig in an unrelated thread.  Keep up the hard work.

I think it's related. This is a very senior appointment. Any appointment that moves Purslow further away from football decisions is a good thing for Aston Villa. 

17 minutes ago, sne said:

He's about to sell Raphinha to Newcastle apparently. Take em for all they got 

Quite funny how clearly you can see the "club signings" there and the "Howe signings".

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think it's related. This is a very senior appointment. Any appointment that moves Purslow further away from football decisions is a good thing for Aston Villa. 

Yay. Keep at it. Dig harder.  Never quit. 

consistency-is-key-jessa-bigelow.gif

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Quite funny how clearly you can see the "club signings" there and the "Howe signings".

What exactly has Purslow done that is so egregious?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

They are literally about to win the **** League!! 

He came in during the biggest crisis in the clubs history and managed to make signings that have helped them nearly walk the League. 

There's a reason Barca fans rate what he's done. They were staring down the abyss and now they're a more competitive side than when he came in

Don't think he's been able to buy any first team players other than players that were on a free at the time. And if he has, certainly it wasn't at the level that his competitors in Europe could spend, because Barca was broke as a joke.

Massive intent signing. Worth it just to the value of name recognition with agents alone.

2 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Don't think he's been able to buy any first team players other than players that were on a free at the time. And if he has, certainly it wasn't at the level that his competitors in Europe could spend, because Barca was broke as a joke.

Massive intent signing. Worth it just to the value of name recognition with agents alone.

Ferran Torres cost 70 mil, Raphina cost 55m

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

egregious

Always think of League of Gentlemen when I see this word.

Looking forward to more news on Alemany and Alemany players he will sign for us.

Joining us from Barcelona doesn't automatically mean he'll be brilliant. However, the guy I do trust here is Emery, and I presume he's pushed for this. Alemany will perhaps manage squad building a bit more? Saying right in the next four windows we must sell and replace this player if he hasn't signed a new deal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Saw some rumours about one of the reasons he’s leaving Barcelona is that he was against bringing Messi back. 

'He was against Messi' must be the easiest thing in the world to leak to Barca fans though when they're disappointed or annoyed at the club.

Quick and easy way to win them back round.

I think his knowledge of financial accounting and his list of contacts will be a big bonus in maximising our potential within our financial constraints. I think we'll become very good at selling players for decent fee's which helps the whole FFP train and the new European squad cost constraints.

Â