Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 7 of 10

TheAuthority

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Coutinho, Bailey, Cash, and Kamara all returned to training. The cavalry coming in for the last run!

We could really do with Cash back at RB. Young has been fantastic but at 38 he needs a break. Kamara is a guaranteed starter if fit and I really think Couthino could be great in this formation in the Buendia role. 

Great to have a few options off the bench! 

• Like 1

We're the better side by far, but that doesn't really mean much in a derby. I always feel like Wolves are a bit of a bogey team and they're going to want to put their recent hammering from Brighton far behind them.

Hopefully we can freshen things up a little bit and get Kamara & Cash out there. We desperately need a bit of rotation.

• Like 1

Tough derby game and they’ll be wanting to right the wrongs of last week. Great to hear our injuries are clearing up and players returning to training this week. Can we get 60 minutes out of Cash perhaps? I’m hoping so and some better rotation off the bench for this one:

Martinez

Cash        Konsa           Mings       Moreno

Dendoncker         Luiz

McGinn                       Ramsey

Buendia       
                                 Watkins

Subs:  Olsen, Young, Digne, Carlos, Chambers, Kamara, Bailey, Traore, Duran 

We really need a win here, so going with a 1-2 victory but another draw with them wouldn’t surprise me at all.  UTV

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Wolves have won 6 of their last 8 home games. They're a different beast at home under Lopetegui.

Don't let currency of facts get in the way of my optimism...

If I was being fully honest we could add the fact they'll be due a reaction after their last showing, and they will want to step up against us anyway.... but I'm sticking with my view that this is ours for the taking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Not really a derby if you ask me.

It's objectively a local derby by geography (12 miles), but, yeah, not the traditional derby.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Coutinho, Bailey, Cash, and Kamara all returned to training. The cavalry coming in for the last run!

Hmm. None of them are going to be particularly match fit, indeed are unlikely to before seasons end now so I'm guessing their involvement will be fairly minimal. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Kingman said:

Are there any pubs/bars in town that show our 3pm games? 

Would love to watch this game. 

mate 

Anyone?.. 

I remember Rococo's on Broad Street use to show them but that's now Coyote Ugley Bar 

3 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

I always feel like Wolves are a bit of a bogey team 

They are a bogey team. Only one win for us in the last seven fixtures and four for them. I demand to have revenge !

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

When's the last time we won at their cursed ground? The Keane double in 2012?

I think that was the 2nd last. The last time we won at theirs was in December 2020, it was 0-1.

That Keane double was so good !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Suddenly the bench will look like one of those proper ones....with actual good players on it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Not really a derby if you ask me.

Of course it's a derby. Just like the Albion, Coventry, or any other team in the West Midlands. All the above arguably love beating the Villa more than any other club. 

7 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Match fitness may be an issue. Look at Kamara when he tried to come back a tad too early. Nonetheless, it's definitely a sense of security if they occupy the bench.