Midweek Football 6/9 March

andykeenan

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

It it is midweek though!

You have Weekend and Midweek but no Start of the Week.

So to me and many others as they have Monday night fixtures as part of the game week that includes Friday night games it's not Midweek.

Midweek football has always been Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday see European games.

• Like 2

Brentford in 9th are 4 points ahead of us with a game in hand. That's exactly the reason why a top 10 finish is going to be very difficult and Europe out of the question. 

We'd need Champions League form for the rest of the season to do that. 

We may catch Fulham tho. That's our best chance for 10th I'd say.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Brentford in 9th are 4 points ahead of us with a game in hand. That's exactly the reason why a top 10 finish is going to be very difficult and Europe out of the question. 

We'd need Champions League form for the rest of the season to do that. 

We may catch Fulham tho. That's our best chance for 10th I'd say.

I think a lot of teams switch off when they hit 40 points or think they are safe.   It's a question of motivation after that.  

Win Sunday and you would think its possible as Emery will not let us rest on our laurels.

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

You have Weekend and Midweek but no Start of the Week.

So to me and many others as they have Monday night fixtures as part of the game week that includes Friday night games it's not Midweek.

Midweek football has always been Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday see European games.

Ah yes I actually do agree with you, I was just following on the comment with a lame joke 😬

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I think a lot of teams switch off when they hit 40 points or think they are safe.   It's a question of motivation after that.  

Win Sunday and you would think its possible as Emery will not let us rest on our laurels.

Who though? Chelsea? Brighton? Brentford who havent lost since Emery has been at Villa?

Fulham maybe, which I why I think we may catch them, but the others are not going to switch off.

Not seen enough of them to know but as they do well and climb who are the top six coming in to buy to destabilise them? They'll obviously lose toney to the ban but it doesn't feel like the vultures will pick them apart like they did with us

Same goes for Fulham,Brighton (obviously already lost Potter and cucurella) and money aside even Newcastle apart from bruno

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Not seen enough of them to know but as they do well and climb who are the top six coming in to buy to destabilise them? They'll obviously lose toney to the ban but it doesn't feel like the vultures will pick them apart like they did with us

Same goes for Fulham,Brighton (obviously already lost Potter and cucurella) and money aside even Newcastle apart from bruno

The keeper is probably a better piece of business for United/Spurs than Emi

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Agree, but don’t think it’s the same for Brighton. Caicedo seems to be a big target for Arsenal, and I could see Mitoma and Mac Allister attracting interest. Already lost Trossard to Arsenal - those others going would be huge blows (although they seem to recruit well, so who knows). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Chelsea getting some luck here. 

Todd boehly bought the officials too. Puts away the notion that VAR works in Europe and it's only the English that make a balls of it. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

Dortmund simply aren't as good as 4-5 years ago, mediocre set of forward players. Would be strange to actually see them win Bundesliga considering how much weaker their first 11 is to some of the excellent teams they had under Klopp/Tuchel.

Don't have an issue with Chelsea staying in for another round as more likely to drop points in league games around those fixtures.

Â