Midweek Football 6/9 March

andykeenan

14 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Dortmund knocked out by the shittest Chelsea team of the decade. 

Shows the gulf in class between the premier league and the Bundesliga. Werner, Bailey, Havertz(?), Sancho, Bellinghman (?) all big money transfers into the premier league for huge money from Germany and all flops. Haaaland the obvious exception as he should just have gone straight to England rather than go to Germany in the first place. 

14 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Shows the gulf in class between the premier league and the Bundesliga. Werner, Bailey, Havertz(?), Sancho, Bellinghman (?) all big money transfers into the premier league for huge money from Germany and all flops. Haaaland the obvious exception as he should just have gone straight to England rather than go to Germany in the first place. 

Sadio Mane has struggled in the Bundesliga and was one of best Premier League players in last 10 years

Joao Cancelo has already been dropped at Bayern in recent weeks. Another Premier League "superstar"

• Like 2

Is there anyone who still wants English clubs to do well in Europe?

I know that was a thing in the 70s and 80s and maybe even early 90s, but I almost always want English clubs to get knocked out of Europe. The exceptions in recent(ish) history being Boro and Fulham, where I was simply ambivalent.

Is that still a thing.

Oh and FORZA MILANO!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Is there anyone who still wants English clubs to do well in Europe?

I know that was a thing in the 70s and 80s and maybe even early 90s, but I almost always want English clubs to get knocked out of Europe. The exceptions in recent(ish) history being Boro and Fulham, where I was simply ambivalent.

Is that still a thing.

Oh and FORZA MILANO!

I want all the scum 6 to fail in Europe the only reason I watch is to root for the other teams 🤣

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think taking away the away goals rule has killed the champions league 

I didn't see the need to get rid of it myself. Like everything else the powers that be fiddle with things that aren't broken in football and ignore all the stuff that is. 

• Like 1

Rafael Leao is like Bertand Traore mixed with Charles Nzogbia with a splash of Ronaldinho . He’s unbelievable then he doesn’t care then out the blue he’ll press and harry then he’s back to walking and flapping his arms.

Â