Project B6

wedge

I think it's about time Project B6 gained their own thread on VT. The 'Villa Park Atmosphere' and 'How Toxic Is Our Fanbase' threads are regularly on the front page of the forum and PB6 have really stepped their efforts up this season in trying to get more Villa fans and the club itself on board in trying to improve the matchday atmosphere at VP. The feedback from fellow VT'ers towards Project B6 from what I've read has been overwhelmingly positive and whilst that is the case with Villa fans on social media I believe there are many VT'ers who won't be able to engage in that way simply because they post on VillaTalk and not through Twitter/Instagram etc.

In my opinion - we've got such a magnificent and historic stadium that is soon to be refurbished and modernised with an increased capacity, and seemingly such a large portion of our fanbase that agrees there is much room for improvement with regards to the atmosphere at Villa Park on home matchdays that I'm surprised that we're not talking about Project B6 more. We've seen what can happen when the club themselves are on board with displays etc (the '82 anniversary display last season was a goosebumps moment for me personally which I'm sure many will agree with) and I'm really hoping that something can happen and these guys are backed and the atmosphere reaps the benefits.

Would be really interested to read fellow VT'ers thoughts and feedback on PB6 for those who are familiar with their efforts and also from those who aren't.

• Like 3

I think they do a great job. Unfortunately they do sometimes struggle raising the funds for the displays which really shouldn't be the case as they are only trying to raise a few hundred pounds every now and again from what is a pretty huge fan base. 

I'm up for helping in any way with something like this, Just not sure how to lol! My daughter too aged 16 ( Oh yeah hands off guys 🤣),  would be interested. Thing is what do you actually do? I am on Twitter & Insta but mainly for my business profile in all honesty.

Happy for anyone to get the atmosphere rocking no **** drums or trumpets though!!

First job really is to come up with new songs/chants we are desperate for something original.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wedge said:

I think it's about time Project B6 gained their own thread on VT. The 'Villa Park Atmosphere' and 'How Toxic Is Our Fanbase' threads are regularly on the front page of the forum and PB6 have really stepped their efforts up this season in trying to get more Villa fans and the club itself on board in trying to improve the matchday atmosphere at VP. The feedback from fellow VT'ers towards Project B6 from what I've read has been overwhelmingly positive and whilst that is the case with Villa fans on social media I believe there are many VT'ers who won't be able to engage in that way simply because they post on VillaTalk and not through Twitter/Instagram etc.

In my opinion - we've got such a magnificent and historic stadium that is soon to be refurbished and modernised with an increased capacity, and seemingly such a large portion of our fanbase that agrees there is much room for improvement with regards to the atmosphere at Villa Park on home matchdays that I'm surprised that we're not talking about Project B6 more. We've seen what can happen when the club themselves are on board with displays etc (the '82 anniversary display last season was a goosebumps moment for me personally which I'm sure many will agree with) and I'm really hoping that something can happen and these guys are backed and the atmosphere reaps the benefits.

Would be really interested to read fellow VT'ers thoughts and feedback on PB6 for those who are familiar with their efforts and also from those who aren't.

Who are they? What do they do? I've not heard anything about them before.

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Who are they? What do they do? I've not heard anything about them before.

They're just a group of Villa fans who are committed to improving the VP atmosphere. I don't know if you remember the two-pole flags that used to be prevalent in the lower North Stand? That was PB6. They've also been responsible for the Emi Martinez banner this season and have assisted the club in previous hold-up card displays. The club actually acknowledged them in the pre-match information on the official AVFC website prior to the Leicester home game (they're trying to encourage the scarf-twirling when the teams come onto the pitch atm). 

24 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The matchday atmosphere at Villa Park is as bad as I can remember it. Not having a pop at PB6 but whatever they've done to date has certainly not improved anything.

I don't know why our fanbase are so apathetic / negative particularly after paying the current prices to go and see the Villa. Maybe a certain sense of entitlement comes with that - "I paid 50 quid to watch this shit" or similar, but it's nonsensical all the same.

The recent videos doing the rounds of some younger supporters laughing at a kid bravely sticking his neck out to get some chants/songs started says it all. I wish I could say it was just our younger supporters, but some of the adults sat around me at games this season would frankly be better off staying at home, and tbh I wish they would.

If you're only going to VP to have a grumble, time to **** give it up. That's what VT (etc) is for.

The club probably aren't doing much to try to encourage interaction and support, to be fair, but at a certain point it's up to individuals - not the team, not the club hierarchy, not Project B6.

Maybe therein lies the answer...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I'm up for helping in any way with something like this, Just not sure how to lol! My daughter too aged 16 ( Oh yeah hands off guys 🤣),  would be interested. Thing is what do you actually do? I am on Twitter & Insta but mainly for my business profile in all honesty.

They are always looking for volunteers to help with flags/displays etc. If you search them on Twitter you will find the link to register your interest. I've done the same!

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

This post took a twist I didn't expect. Unless its Project B16.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wedge said:

They are always looking for volunteers to help with flags/displays etc. If you search them on Twitter you will find the link to register your interest. I've done the same!

Here is the link

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTQmf5PgchP8W-_0EGQ30XJa6_pX_oHuKKjYkqYlefSQqocw/viewform

Just asks if you're interested and where you sit in the stadium (there is an option for anywhere)

1 hour ago, wedge said:

They're just a group of Villa fans who are committed to improving the VP atmosphere. I don't know if you remember the two-pole flags that used to be prevalent in the lower North Stand? That was PB6. They've also been responsible for the Emi Martinez banner this season and have assisted the club in previous hold-up card displays. The club actually acknowledged them in the pre-match information on the official AVFC website prior to the Leicester home game (they're trying to encourage the scarf-twirling when the teams come onto the pitch atm). 

Ah right, i saw all that but didn't realise it was an actual group organising it.   I guess i assumed it was either club-led or just random people. 

Was scarf day at the Leicester game also organised by them?

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Happy for anyone to get the atmosphere rocking no **** drums or trumpets though!!

Arsenal had some lemon banging a drum out of tune during their game against Everton, it was terrible to listen to.

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep and they're proposing another one for Saturday...

See i'll be there on Saturday yet i didn't know about this at all.   

I think they need to post on all the Villa forums so more people see this, like you have just done.

• Like 1

Reading between the lines Ginny seems to be suggesting the players struggle in front of our home crowd. He doesn't say it explicitly but does mention the players always want to score early to take the pressure off - presumably before fans start getting restless - and also that our play is less measured and controlled at home. I think this is especially noticeable when we're playing out, our fans very quickly get impatient when the players are clearly under instruction from Emery to play out from the back which must be pretty difficult to block out and is only likely to lead to more mistakes.

Full interview here: https://video.avfc.co.uk/video/dm9kJTdDMF9odTN4ZnNvMCU3QyUyRnNlY3Rpb24lM0ZzbHVnJTNEaG9tZSU3Q2hvbWUlMkZoZXJvX2Nhcm91c2Vs?lang=en

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Can we have trumpets playing throughout the whole game please 😁

Oh No..........Vuvuzelas play havoc with my tinnitus.

Â