Project B6

wedge

7 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I'm up for helping in any way with something like this, Just not sure how to lol! My daughter too aged 16 ( Oh yeah hands off guys 🤣),  would be interested. Thing is what do you actually do? I am on Twitter & Insta but mainly for my business profile in all honesty.

image.jpeg.83a926e3261cad3dd47a197460aed36c.jpeg

16 you say……..

image.jpeg

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Twirling scarves, that's the big idea?

Again I appreciate the efforts to do something but **** me this ain't it.

That’s what I mean by higher ambitions. Nothing against the scarves, but we need a lot more than that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

That’s what I mean by higher ambitions. Nothing against the scarves, but we need a lot more than that. 

This is just obviously true IMO. If you want to change something as hard to change as the atmosphere at a football match, it needs planning, it needs cooperation from the club, and it needs prioritisation over other matters where they clash. It's not going to happen from a few dozen well-intentioned people on social media. 

• Like 1

10,000 fans who only attend when we are a PL club and will get worse by another 10,000 soon enough.

People around me are generally alright. Your standard moaners and people who turn on a dime. It is always a shock when I sit in the Trinity Upper when my mate occasionally comes up with me. I'm guessing those are most the casuals.

I don't think a game has barely gone past without me witnessing someone go absolutely ballistic and leaving after half hour or 60 minutes.

Simple fact is you're not going  to get rampant atmospheres when you're generally playing for nothing.

On 02/03/2023 at 20:11, El Zen said:

I’ve been voicing my desire for something resembling ultras culture at VP for a while now, and with PB6 being the closest thing to that, I support their efforts wholeheartedly. They seem to get a lot of outright abuse from other Villa fans on Twitter, for some reason. I don’t understand why. 

That being said, I’d like them to go further than they have with their ambitions (and I appreciate that’s not up to them to alone, but rather the framework and conditions they are having to deal with.) There needs to be a dedicated singing section, preferably back centre of the Lower Holte and it needs to be safe standing. You need to recruit a core of (mostly) younger guys (and gals) who want to come and have a party atmosphere in the stands, and who’ll jump and sing 90+ mins, no matter the result. You need a drum to keep the chants going and maintain a unified beat, you need visual effects (preferably pyro, but failing that, two-poles and flags go a long way.) 

People who go to VP just to have a moan and shout abuse at our own players need to stay far away from the singing section. Ideally, they should stay home and not ruin the party for everyone. 

I'm well aware that I'm about to be labelled the oldest of old farts and a boring feck, but the thought of drums and trumpets to generate an atmosphere leaves me cold. Its football, not the bleeding darts....

If the team plays well, the atmosphere will be great....if they don't, it might get toxic....thats how it goes. Its a tribal, passionate emotive game. Manufactured cheer leading shite is for manufactured shit sports like wrestling, baseball and that game in America they have the cheek to call football.

I've paid to go and watch...and occasionally vent my spleen. If you're sat next to me and don't agree, fine....have your say too, tell me I'm a dick, I won't be offended, its my 90 minutes of the week where I'm not bothered about family, work, life etc.

Just stop trying to make football grounds into some homogenised happy clapper emporium of shits and giggles......especially don't make it like Selhurst feckin Park. 

8 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

I'm well aware that I'm about to be labelled the oldest of old farts and a boring feck, but the thought of drums and trumpets to generate an atmosphere leaves me cold. Its football, not the bleeding darts....

If the team plays well, the atmosphere will be great....if they don't, it might get toxic....thats how it goes. Its a tribal, passionate emotive game. Manufactured cheer leading shite is for manufactured shit sports like wrestling, baseball and that game in America they have the cheek to call football.

I've paid to go and watch...and occasionally vent my spleen. If you're sat next to me and don't agree, fine....have your say too, tell me I'm a dick, I won't be offended, its my 90 minutes of the week where I'm not bothered about family, work, life etc.

Just stop trying to make football grounds into some homogenised happy clapper emporium of shits and giggles......especially don't make it like Selhurst feckin Park. 

I'm with you on the drums and trumpets thing, horrible things. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Simple fact is you're not going  to get rampant atmospheres when you're generally playing for nothing.

Bundesliga says hi 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm with you on the drums and trumpets thing, horrible things. 

Drums and trumpets shouldn’t be lumped together as if they’re the same thing. 

Drums are essential to improve the intensity, longevity and unity of the chanting and clapping that I’m sure we can all agree is a good thing for atmosphere. You shouldn’t really notice the drum too much, the drum isn’t the star of the show, it’s there to assist the singing. And it works, trust me. 

Trumpets serve no such function. 

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Bundesliga says hi 

Yeah, absolutely. While I think @rodders0223 point is a valid one, it’s perfectly possible to create a party atmosphere in the stands in spite of results on the pitch. You need a core of dedicated ultras who are there not to be etertained by the team but to create support and have a f***ing blast no matter what. Jumping, singinging, the sense of unity, playing with visual effects, pyro etc is fun in and of itself. I don’t go to football just to watch football, I go for the whole experience. 

And it’s that culture you need to establish if you want to permanently improve the atmosphere at VP. And the club needs to help facilitate that by establishing a permanent, safe-standing singing section where such a culture can flourish. 

• Like 1

Wasn't there a crew on the Holte, some years ago, calling themselves the "Dougal fusiliers" who would start the singing....I think they had a song of their own about themselves, they used to belt out, which was quite funny, I seem to recall?

21 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Yeah, absolutely. While I think @rodders0223 point is a valid one, it’s perfectly possible to create a party atmosphere in the stands in spite of results on the pitch. You need a core of dedicated ultras who are there not to be etertained by the team but to create support and have a f***ing blast no matter what. Jumping, singinging, the sense of unity, playing with visual effects, pyro etc is fun in and of itself. I don’t go to football just to watch football, I go for the whole experience. 

And it’s that culture you need to establish if you want to permanently improve the atmosphere at VP. And the club needs to help facilitate that by establishing a permanent, safe-standing singing section where such a culture can flourish. 

The last 15 years, must have been kind to you, then.....😀

We need some training from the Treorchy Male Choir.

37 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Drums are essential to improve the intensity, longevity and unity of the chanting and clapping that I’m sure we can all agree is a good thing for atmosphere. You shouldn’t really notice the drum too much, the drum isn’t the star of the show, it’s there to assist the singing. And it works, trust me. 

Vuvuzelas rule ok.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Problem is the UK culture is so different to mainland Europe.

People in Europe don't care too much about results. They care about the team, the brand, it's more of a "gang" than a results driven group. People don't go to watch football, they go because they are Benfica/Panathinaikos/Lech/Eintracht/Lens etc. 

UK doesn't have that.

We have "eeeeeeyyyyy you fat bastard haaaaaaaaa" which has a charm of its own. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Problem is the UK culture is so different to mainland Europe.

People in Europe don't care too much about results. They care about the team, the brand, it's more of a "gang" than a results driven group. People don't go to watch football, they go because they are Benfica/Panathinaikos/Lech/Eintracht/Lens etc. 

UK doesn't have that.

We have "eeeeeeyyyyy you fat bastard haaaaaaaaa" which has a charm of its own. 

Yes, and no. Whilst generally I agree, Scottish fitba has excellent fan culture, and I’ve seen it first hand at lower league clubs like Stockport too. 

And continental ultras care just as much about results as English fans, but like you said, there’s also very much that element of a no-matter-what identity that says you support the team 90mins even if they’re bad. 

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

I dont think Villa need drums, everytime I hear drums I think of crappy England at Wembley.

The ridiculous music at the start is bad enough, it all drowns out the atmosphere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

What about harps?

Â