Project B6

wedge

Just now, Mic09 said:

I'm sure it would look much better with a filled claret and blue stand 

Perhaps. But like I said, I'm all for doing something extra, just think what's been proposed here looks shite 

Agree with the point about doing something future-facing or at least celebrating our current squad as well, would do much more for the atmosphere than pining for things that happened decades ago IMO

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm sure it would look much better with a filled claret and blue stand 

You know what would be better?

A filled claret and blue stand singing, chanting, and getting behind the team. Banners won't do that, individuals do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The first two banners for anyone under the age of 35 would have no clue what they are on about.

I'm under the age of 35, I have more than a clue of what they are on about. I also know about many other things that happened before I arrived into this complex yet beautiful world of ours, wasn't that Adolf bloke a nutter!!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I hate them tbh.

Not only are they cheap and gimmicky, they're also boring and pointless. Don't see how they improve atmosphere. They're just - there.

Not sure whether you were at either the play-off semi vs WBA in 2019 or the European Cup winning anniversary game against Palace last season at Villa Park but stone me when the tifos dropped from the Holte End (which was kept under wraps so we didn't know about it) the noise levels quadrupled, they were proper goosebumps moments. Admittedly the more they happen the less effect they'd have, but I thought they were fantastic.

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You know what would be better?

A filled claret and blue stand singing, chanting, and getting behind the team. Banners won't do that, individuals do that.

You can do both! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wedge said:

I'm under the age of 35, I have more than a clue of what they are on about. I also know about many other things that happened before I arrived into this complex yet beautiful world of ours, wasn't that Adolf bloke a nutter!!

You’ve certainly got the basics covered. 

• Like 1

They've just tweeted to say they've raised £1000 (I donated amongst many other Villans) to fund some flags for the Holte End, looking forward to seeing them on display and any further plans!

• 1 month later...

Plenty of positive comments in the 'Villa Park - Atmosphere' thread but I must specifically shout out PB6 for the streamers and flags for Spurs on Saturday that I for one thought were a brilliant touch. They've apparently got even more planned for Brighton which along with the new badge launch from the club themselves should make for a very impressive spectacle.

• Like 4

Thumbs up for the streamers on the Holte end on Saturday.

Only one thing wrong, and I speak from experience from the "balloon" era in the late 1970's early 1980's, that the streamers should have been saved until the team took to the pitch before the start...

A case of "premature streaming"....... 😉

• Like 3

13 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Only one thing wrong, and I speak from experience from the "balloon" era in the late 1970's early 1980's, that the streamers should have been saved until the team took to the pitch before the start...

Fair point, I agree, and for Unai's entrance too of course.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, delboy54 said:

when did fans throw them?

13 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

when did fans throw them?

when their hands opened in the middle of a fast forward motion of the arm.

• Haha 2

I've seen on their Twitter account they are calling for supporters to welcome the team bus to VP on Sunday, could be a spectacle, no doubt they've got plans for inside the stadium too.

Why don't we have a giant flag anymore? 

That first one we had was absolutely immense, biggest I've seen in British Football, almost covered the Lower Holte front to back. 

Would love it if they could organise another one of those. 

On 21/05/2023 at 19:38, sidcow said:

Why don't we have a giant flag anymore? 

That first one we had was absolutely immense, biggest I've seen in British Football, almost covered the Lower Holte front to back. 

Would love it if they could organise another one of those. 

Don't think that was organised by PB6, was by the club themselves I believe, but I agree, not sure why that was discontinued...

Â