Match thread: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Just watched the replay for the second goal, that's on Mings for me. 

Not that Digne isn't at fault, but his fault actually doesn't contribute to the goal. Digne should be marking Tete who is also open and shouldn't even be in the vicinity of Iheanacho.

Both players have lost their man.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

On first viewing I blamed Mings. People are right that Digne just stops as well though  Absolutely embarrassing from both of them though. We deserve to be losing defending like this

Digne needs to tell Mings. He can see the picture.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Rogers will frame this as some piece of tactical genius on his part. Fact is, we’ve gifted them 3 goals. Incredible 

to be fair to him, I think he has watched our preferred way of playing it out, and has his midfield collapsing with high pressure on a DCM who receives the ball.  2 of their 3 have come from that.  Dispossesed Kamara twice, although I think the second time he was fouled but this ref has missed some really obvious calls both ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

We didnt sit back we gave a cheap goal away with an error. 

at no point in the game did we sit back.

We slowed the game down massively time and time again that first half. Strolling around with it in defence. That to me is sitting back. Especially mentally.

• Like 1

Just now, NeilS said:

Our players once again proving mentally fragile. One mistake leads to another and they lose their heads. Everyone makes mistakes now and then, top players get over them quickly and don’t lose their heads. Disappointing to concede three goals in 45 minutes. We must improve for the second half if we want to get something out of the game.

It’s incredible. The mental frailty of our defenders is astonishing and has been for some time. Worryingly, the problem has now persisted through a few different incarnations of that defensive unit. 

We’re back to the usual question: wtf are we doing down at BH??

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

On first viewing I blamed Mings. People are right that Digne just stops as well though  Absolutely embarrassing from both of them though. We deserve to be losing defending like this

It can be on both of them. It frequently is.

• Like 1