Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Always is. Net spend of about £80 mill over the last 4 transfer windows if all the expected outgoings happen. But thats the reality of earning over £100 mill less per season than those we are competing against.  Diaby , Tielemans amd Torres are top class players that we did well to get in . Zaniolo is a calculated risk to get a potential 75 mill player for 25 mill because of injuries. This is how we will have to be going forward. 

Good post. 

The Torres move was amazing considering Mings got injured so quickly! 

Would still have liked a left sided midfielder but hey ho. We will really need McGinn to stay fit as much as possible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Seems absolutley mad to go two windows now without signing an experienced support for Watkins. We have Duran who has potential etc but if Watkins is out for season I'd expect us to drop several places in the league as a result. 

Been an interesting window, for sure added some quality. But still feel we are light if we are to go a long way in certain competitions. 

Not long til Jan really and we can reassess then…

Moreno and JJ on the way back…

I think Zaniolo could be special… could be one that’s gone under the radar a bit…

Pau and Moussa look excellent…

Diego is “like a new signing”

Lenglet could be good, Tielemans should help us a lot…

Unai will improve our players even further… maybe Duran can come through and be good for us…

We still have Berty 😆

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Emery saying he's not expecting any surprises doesn't really mean anything, if we sign another player it's hardly going to be a surprise to him

I expect he is saying it to allay any fan expectations.  

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One more attacking player would have been nice 

Looks like the big warchest was all made up bullshit

Tbf… we don’t need to spend it all in one go. We will have high level targets researched, identified lined up etc. and may have approached them but they are harder deals to complete for various reasons…

We’re in a good place and have made good signings so far… there’s always next time, if we need it.

Again, there’s only a point to signing players that Unai himself wants and sees as ideal. No point otherwise…

If we have a storming season….players will be desperate to jump on board 😂

Just be excited about and wait for the players we have and have signed to be performing at their best… it’s gon’ be gud!!

I think we have a special talent on our hands too… 🇮🇹🤌

WE HAVE UNAI!

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still one of the best windows in my 30 years of supporting the club.

Now it’s just about getting the sales of Davis, Philogene and Coutinho confirmed.

Absolutely… we have made remarkable progress…

thanks NSWE but most of all… thank you Unai!

Good times!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Emery just playing the game like the boss he is - he's really just letting our sexy expensive target know that we don't need him, it's mind games - I'm gonna refresh this till 11pm. 

Surely at least 2am just in case it was a late one?

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not long til Jan really and we can reassess then…

Moreno and JJ on the way back…

I think Zaniolo could be special… could be one that’s gone under the radar a bit…

Pau and Moussa look excellent…

Diego is “like a new signing”

Lenglet could be good, Tielemans should help us a lot…

Unai will improve our players even further… maybe Duran can come through and be good for us…

We still have Berty 😆

We have some cracking options all over the pitch especially once Ramsey  and Moreno are back (maybe GK aside, but we don't need an option, just  a healthy Emi).

Might have been nice to have  another versatile forward,  but then that would mean upgrading Bailey or Buendia, which is very luxurious position to be in (and let's see how Kellyman develops). With the coaching  set up,  I'm  sure the players  we have will also continue  to improve and some may surprise us. All in all I'm  very happy. 

• Like 1

On Monchi I'd guess a huge part of that position in any club is preparing the ground for one window to the next. 

So its perhaps no surprise that coming in half way through a summer he isnt in the position in add much value and has really relied on players he already knows.