Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

With injuries and the players rumouted to be leaving, it wouldn't surprise me if signed another two attackers, a winger, plus a back-up to Watkins. I thought it wouldn't happen after we signed Diaby, but having watched Diaby play and the more I've thought about it, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Brennan Johnson, it just somehow seems a very good fit, and he could play three or four positions in our team.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, useless said:

With injuries and the players rumouted to be leaving, it wouldn't surprise me if signed another two attackers, a winger, plus a back-up to Watkins. I thought it wouldn't happen after we signed Diaby, but having watched Diaby play and the more I've thought about it, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Brennan Johnson, it just somehow seems a very good fit, and he could play three or four positions in our team.

No chance in the time left surely. At most 2 more full backs in I think is cautiously optimistic and will be a great help and leave us having had a nice transfer window.

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

You’d think but I don’t think we’ve been linked to a single striker all summer. 

We'd apparently signed Tammy Abraham until he got injured. I'd guess though that the pen for Zaniolo includes either him or Diaby as the backup striker options, with the other taking the place of the one that moved to forward (and then rotating with Bailey).

I think we'll look more for a winger or hard pressing number 10 type, and then the wing back positions.

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Would support them if we signed them but in my opinion they’ve both never really lived up to their hype.

Personally I’d rather we went for someone like Goncalves and/or Gouiri out on the left and someone like Kudus for the AM role, although it looks like that’s going to be Zaniolo now.

As direct competition for Watkins I’d like us to get Jonathan David but that’s wishful thinking on my part. 

The same Goncalves who has played twice for Portugal ? 

I’ve been thinking…. Dangerous I know.

We all know we need a right back and let’s assume there is budget left without selling players for us to get one in.

However with rumours of us selling JPB, Davis (no bother), Archer and with Ramsey having gone today for 14m it’s got me thinking what I would do with that cash. So I want to float an idea.

Ryan Sessegnon and Hudson Odoi.

Seems dumb at first but hear me out.

Sessegnon is clearly well down the pecking order at Spurs an I assume he can’t have more than 2 years on his deal now, time for them to get something for him.

I think he makes good cover/competition/tactical options in our team.

He would be for Ramsey’s left midfield role and although I don’t think he makes a good left back, in our attacking left back system I could see him playing like a wing back or adding extra defensive ability to protecting a lead if we’re playing left midfield. He obviously has high ability, is young, very pacy, and needs to prove himself.

As for Hudson Odoi, again he is very pacy, has obvious ability, young and needs to prove himself again.

He also has the added benefit of being very cheap transfer fee wise.

He has had injuries but other than one none of them have been for an especially long term.

I think you could pick up the two for less than 25m which is fairly low risk in 2023.

There is another reason player I would look at and that is Wahl, apparently he can be had for 30m and I’d fancy a go at that price.

most of that out lay would be covered by players leaving especially if Coutinho went to Saudi (god willing) and all of it and more would be covered for FFP this year because the players being sold are academy players.

• Like 1

I’d still like Felix and think he might move in a good deal later on.

regarding Ryan Sessegnon, I can’t say I’m watching him lately but that Fulham season come to mind. A loan with buy option could be shrewd piece of business, while he could fill Dinge place. Again I’m not following him to know how far he got worse, but I assume he’d be atleast ok offensively. Two loans in Felix and Sessegnon might help our squad while not affecting our FFP. For the RB possibly the Rayo one if he didn’t go anywhere would be a good addition.

Felix appears to be off to Barca, they just need to force out either Ferran or Fati to make it happen. Maybe a late move for Ferran ore side but it looks like it'll be Ansu Fati who leaves. So our pursuit of both Felix and Ferran would end empty-handed

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Felix appears to be off to Barca, they just need to force out either Ferran or Fati to make it happen. Maybe a late move for Ferran ore side but it looks like it'll be Ansu Fati who leaves. So our pursuit of both Felix and Ferran would end empty-handed

Problem is that no one would pay the €50mill asking price for Fati, that means they have to lower the price, but then they can’t afford to buy Felix. Ferran would be easier to offload at a higher fee, but he doesn’t want to leave Barcelona.

Saying Felix is heading to Barcelona is not true at the moment. Yes the players want to go to Barcelona, and Barcelona want to buy him, but at the moment Barcelona don’t have a way to finance the deal.

Most likely this will go on until last day of the transfer window, before clubs and players will be realistic enough that a deal can be made. Still do not think we will end up with either Felix, Ferran or Fati.

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Know nothing about him, we are certainly due a right footer now though. Lol

What's he like?

A bit swarthy piratey  looking, got that cute bad boy thing going on. Not seen his legs yet

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’ve been thinking…. Dangerous I know.

We all know we need a right back and let’s assume there is budget left without selling players for us to get one in.

However with rumours of us selling JPB, Davis (no bother), Archer and with Ramsey having gone today for 14m it’s got me thinking what I would do with that cash. So I want to float an idea.

Ryan Sessegnon and Hudson Odoi.

Seems dumb at first but hear me out.

- blah blah blah reasons

Ahhh, still after that it’s a No!

FTFY 👍

Hudson Adoi is the poster child for Southgates obsession of promoting youth imo far too early . Plays for England at 19 years old, gets a fat contract and then stagnates. These kids need to earn their spot and learn their trade . Same with Sancho and previously Greenwood. . I feel their careers go up in smoke because they feel they have made it .  So its a no from me. No matter the price  . I just dont feel that the talent will come out now .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Fati is still only 20, he’s had some nasty injuries and struggled to come back after them. He’s got got 20 odd goals (1in 4) for Barca, and international caps. Think it’s a bit harsh to say not lived up to hype.  Felix, fair enough.

Isn’t he made of glass?

No to Hudson-Odoi, hasn’t done much more than Aaron Ramsey, if at all.

No to Fati as his injury record is a concern and we don’t need to take more risks on players with a history of injuries.

Brennan Johnson is the one that ticks all the boxes in that he can pay anywhere across the front 4 and has good PL experience. Yes he would cost a bit more, but would give us so many options up front.

• Like 1

Anyone else think that we might be back in for Tammy in January, if nothing happens with another striker in this window? That said, I would think we will look to bring in another 2 - 3 players before....

Dutch petition FIFA for transfer window break to align close with big  buying leagues - Inside World Football 

5 minutes ago, John said:

Anyone else think that we might be back in for Tammy in January, if nothing happens with another striker in this window? That said, I would think we will look to bring in another 2 - 3 players before....

Dutch petition FIFA for transfer window break to align close with big  buying leagues - Inside World Football 

No, won't be fit by then most likely and we'd be better off waiting to next summer if we were interested in him.

I don't believe the link that we had him signed before he got his injury. We are linked 24/7 with Tammy so it seemed easy/lazy

• Like 2