Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Coutinho and Digne both potentially being offloaded, for me, means a very exciting end to the window.

Zaniolo

Acuna

Felix/Torres

A cb?

Why are people still clinging to the idea we’ll get either Felix or Torres? Felix doesn’t want to come here, and Torres as been given the no. 7 shirt at Barca, he’s going nowhere.

I still think there’s still significant business to be done:-

Martinez, Olson 

(New), Cash 

Konsa, Chambers 

Torres, Carlos 

Moreno, (Acuna) 

Kamara, Dendonker 

Luiz, Tielmans 

McGinn, Philogene 

Ramsey, (New) 

Diaby, (Zaniolo) 

Watkins, (New), Duran 

So three more after Zaniolo and Acuna. RB, Midfielder and forward who can play Striker.

Outs:- 

Digne 

Hause 

A Ramsey 

Coutinho 

Traore 

Bailey 

Davis

Archer 

We probably won’t be able to shift all of these, so some will remain as added squad depth. 

1 minute ago, nnock1984 said:

Martinez, Olson 

(New), Cash 

Konsa, Chambers 

Torres, Carlos 

Moreno, (Acuna) 

Kamara, Dendonker 

Luiz, Tielmans 

McGinn, Philogene 

Ramsey, (New) 

Diaby, (Zaniolo) 

Watkins, (New), Duran 

So three more after Zaniolo and Acuna. RB, Midfielder and forward who can play Striker.

Digne 

Hause 

A Ramsey 

Coutinho 

Traore 

Bailey 

Davis

Archer 

We probably won’t be able to shift all of these, so some will remain as added squad depth. 

I think Bailey stays personally and is an option on the right instead of McGinn. 

I think Emery might let Coutinho go and not replace him. 

I also think if we want to play 3 CBs in defence we might have to bring a player in. Hopefully Mings and Buendia are due full recoveries and one or both can play by March or April 

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

think Bailey stays personally and is an option on the right instead of McGinn

Something tells me that the Newcastle game was Leon's last chance as a winger. Offered absolutely nothing and Emery rightfully hooked him. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leaving before the deadline

Not linked to us but maybe one we could get that would provide a more sturdy right back option ? 

Sergino dest the USA right back 22 years old, barca rumoured to be looking to get rid either on loan or cheap sale.

I recall him being one of usa world cups best players ( ok just 1 tournament).

Edited by brummybloke

58 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Martinez, Olson 

(New), Cash 

Konsa, Chambers 

Torres, Carlos 

Moreno, (Acuna) 

Kamara, Dendonker 

Luiz, Tielmans 

McGinn, Philogene 

Ramsey, (New) 

Diaby, (Zaniolo) 

Watkins, (New), Duran 

Digne 

Hause 

A Ramsey 

Coutinho 

Traore 

Bailey 

Davis

Archer 

We will not sign that many. 

11 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yea I don’t follow the if it’s good enough for Emery line.

players must have a resale value we don’t earn enough money and we already have two left backs in their 30’s.

you have to plan for the future

The following responses have said it all for me:

11 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Maybe the plan is a 3 year deal for Acuna, by which point he and Moreno will be 34ish and Chrisene and Revan will be early 20s - maybe they like one/both of those enough to think short term to allow them to go and get experience and be ready in a couple of seasons

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Each individual Player does not have to have a resale value. But as a squad then yes i agree. Sometimes we will buy older players. Sometimes young. Sometimes bring through our own . Maybe he likes older players in defence with experience. 

11 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

If the fee for Acuna is below 10m then by the time his contract is up even releasing him on a free won’t count as a loss.

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

In 2 months but so what? Ash was 37 and was absolutely class last season. Acuna can easily have a few years of very high level football in him. 

We Need To Plan For The Future Saturday Night Live GIF - We Need To Plan  For The Future Saturday Night Live Snl - Discover & Share GIFs :D

Edited by John

Never thought Laporte was realsitic. There is no way we are dropping £30-40M on a CB. Reckon we are looking at a loan or free transfer towards end of window to be 4th choice CB (UE has said previously that Chambers was RB/CDM back up). 

2 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Martinez, Olson 

(New), Cash 

Konsa, Chambers 

Torres, Carlos 

Moreno, (Acuna) 

Kamara, Dendonker 

Luiz, Tielmans 

McGinn, Philogene 

Ramsey, (New) 

Diaby, (Zaniolo) 

Watkins, (New), Duran 

Digne 

Hause 

A Ramsey 

Coutinho 

Traore 

Bailey 

Davis

Archer 

Realistically I think Villa's business is one out one in now. 

Digne - Acuna

Ramsey - Zaniolo

If Archer is sold then another attacker will be signed to replace him, if he stays then I don't expect another attacker to come in. Hopefully this proves to be wrong in a couple of weeks time! 

1 minute ago, RichW said:

Realistically I think Villa's business is one out one in now. 

Digne - Acuna

Ramsey - Zaniolo

If Archer is sold then another attacker will be signed to replace him, if he stays then I don't expect another attacker to come in. Hopefully this proves to be wrong in a couple of weeks time! 

Agreed.  I think the only exception to that would be an RB.