Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

16 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Striker is surely a priority. If Emery won't give Archer more than 15 minuted in a friendly when 2 nil up its a problem.

Diaby can play striker. Emery said as much. Duran is injured so no pre season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Coutinho paaving would be excellent fir us in terms of FFP. Cant see it myself though

For wages yea but the FFP write off on his amortisation would be like 12m or something

7 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Striker is surely a priority. If Emery won't give Archer more than 15 minuted in a friendly when 2 nil up its a problem.

Yep I agree, it’s one of the key light areas that lack a quality option.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Yep I agree, it’s one of the key light areas that lack a quality option.

It's like back up GK. Emery clearly wants Watkins and a Diaby type as a 2. Who is Haaland back up at City? Alvarez is not a striker more Diaby like player. Who is Kane back up at Spurs? Richarlison is not a striker more Diaby like player. Emery has said he wants to keep Archer and Duran in the squad. I don't think we're spending big money on a "striker" and rotating. Watkins is the main man

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's like back up GK. Emery clearly wants Watkins and a Diaby type as a 2. Who is Haaland back up at City? Alvarez is not a striker more Diaby like player. Who is Kane back up at Spurs? Richarlison is not a striker more Diaby like player. Emery has said he wants to keep Archer and Duran in the squad. I don't think we're spending big money on a "striker" and rotating. Watkins is the main man

Has Diaby previously played as a through the middle forward though? I thought he'd always been a wide player. The other players you name certainly have.

5 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Has Diaby previously played as a through the middle forward though? I thought he'd always been a wide player. The other players you name certainly have.

I’m sure he played there at PSG, before being moved out wider.

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Makes me feel a bit more confident if true, though I remember lots of people saying traore could also play through the middle of needed. 

Watkins and Emi are our biggest risks for me, if we have a long term injury we don't have natural replacements for either without changing the way we play. The same is probably true for nearly every prem team though. 

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Makes me feel a bit more confident if true, though I remember lots of people saying traore could also play through the middle of needed. 

Watkins and Emi are our biggest risks for me, if we have a long term injury we don't have natural replacements for either without changing the way we play. The same is probably true for nearly every prem team though. 

I still believe there’s one or two players that could still come in, but we need to move a couple on first.

I definitely think we’ll be looking at established back up for Watkins as Archer and Duran are both still very young and probably not quite at the level needed at the moment.

I can see why we’re being linked to Ferran Torres and Felix for those reasons - both players have lots of experience and can play in multiple positions including striker.

however, if we do manage to sign one of them it’ll be late on in the window and a probably a loan to buy type deal.

As promising as Countinho has looked in the last couple of games I’d still look to cash in to the Saudis (if rumours are to be believed) as it’s doubtful he’ll retain fitness all season.

Traore could also be moved on, along with the extreme fringe players such as Hause and Davis.  

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

For wages yea but the FFP write off on his amortisation would be like 12m or something

Thata assuming he goes on a  free. If its a saudi club or a qatari why would we not want a fee? That wouls be incredibly silly

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

3 games at center-forward and 8 as second striker in just under 210 career games according to Transfermarkt. (Non of them at PSG)

They might be wrong of course.