Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You sure about that?

No but Saint Maximin went for about his value and the players Chelsea sold were available. Surely helping out Chelsea / Liverpool would be detrimental to Newcastle ? 

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

1) Pay rise and tax free earnings.  Swop grey rainy uK for sun & glamour of Bahrain 

2) This is a myth 

3) still all of August to go until the window closes so do you not want any new signings as it’s close~ish to the season starting ? 

From my experience living in Madrid, give me a drizzly summer day at 20 degrees over a 40 degree oven (as it is in Bahrain today). Humans can only function properly in one of those temperatures. 

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

some twitter nerds said Bailey to Saudi, now they say Digne to Saudi.

Dont believe either tbh.

I'm kinda hoping one of them is right.. it potentially means upgrades on the way in

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

some twitter nerds said Bailey to Saudi, now they say Digne to Saudi.

Dont believe either tbh.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s amazing how much credence is given to Twitter randomers. We just gave Digne a new squad number. 

Hassan is a popular Iraqi Villa fan mate. As mentioned above, have met him a couple of times, couldn't see him tweeting this for " lols "

It is totally possible he has received bad information though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Hassan Elkhafagi is a famous Villa fan from Iraq and well liked I think, he wouldn't lie or make anything up for attention, he's just saying what he's seen reported in Saudi media, so whether there's any truth to it depends on how reliable Saudi media is with the reports.

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hassan is a popular Iraqi Villa fan mate. As mentioned above, have met him a couple of times, couldn't see him tweeting this for " lols "

It is totally possible he has received bad information though.

Thanks for the info as I wasn’t really aware of them but it’s just a very odd rumour. We shall see. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

They can take Olsen too. Basically everyone signed by Gerrard. Not Kamara though cause I doubt Slippy had anything to do with that.

he knocked on his door and convinced him to join, it was all gerrard...

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not Kamara though cause I doubt Slippy had anything to do with that.

In fairness to SG, it's reported that he did in fact, have a large part to play in that.

I'm sure the age packet and signing on fee helped as well too though.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hassan is actually one of our own! ( The Tweeter )

Quite a popular Iraqi Villa fan in this region, he wouldn't tweet this if it was total bollox. ( Unless he's been fed bollox )

I've met him a couple of times.

EDIT: Yes, we have Iraqi Villa fans too, which is mad to think.

Wasnt Digne on all the media day yesterday? Seems odd hes agreeing terms while doing that.

34 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s amazing how much credence is given to Twitter randomers. We just gave Digne a new squad number. 

spacer.png

We named sanson in the summer series squad, flew him all the way to America and then sent him back the next day so he could join another team on loan. 

• Like 3