Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

This might be too simplistic but I’m going to put it down anyway…

We have seen how these players performed under other managers… the struggles and lack of form…

It shows how exceptional Unai is… that he could elevate them so highly so quickly…

Yes and No.

Unai is clearly an incredible coach and manager, being able to elevate the players.

BUT - it's those players that are playing at that level. Them under-performing previously could be just as likely down to the previous managers' lack of ability.

Gerrard coaching this lot was like Mr Blobby driving a Formula 1 car. You couldn't blame the car for not winning any races.

• Like 2

Sheffield United selling N'diaye to Marseille.

Just had a look at their forum (basically already relegated according to 99% of them) and seems a few reckon Archer will be a target.

If he has to have one final loan I'd say that would be quite a good fit as he'd be the key player in attack for them and starting every single week.

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yes and No.

Unai is clearly an incredible coach and manager, being able to elevate the players.

BUT - it's those players that are playing at that level. Them under-performing previously could be just as likely down to the previous managers' lack of ability.

Gerrard coaching this lot was like Mr Blobby driving a Formula 1 car. You couldn't blame the car for not winning any races.

Oh I agree, the players deserve credit and were playing under a clown before but… I personally feel more of it goes to Unai… how many other managers we could/would have appointed would have had them playing so well? Better but… maybe not to that level and have implemented such a positive and attractive playing style so quickly…

Credit all round really, but there’s no better manager we could have imo…

I just think we’ll get even/lot better with players of Unai’s own choosing… we have a few already…

A perfect fit and the complete package.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Raya probably going to Bayern Munich (amazed Spurs didn't sign him). If that happened though I'd be in like a shot for Matt Turner.

Played well for US in the World cup and I've been impressed with his level in Arsenal cup matches, very commanding on crosses and good shot stopper (remind you of anyone....).

29 so he's at that age like Emi was where he'll want to go and play somewhere more regularly so to me that would be good insurance if we get to next summer and Emi decides he isn't signing a new deal so we might look to cash in then.

Forest being heavily linked to signing Turner as the #1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Sheffield United selling N'diaye to Marseille.

Just had a look at their forum (basically already relegated according to 99% of them) and seems a few reckon Archer will be a target.

If he has to have one final loan I'd say that would be quite a good fit as he'd be the key player in attack for them and starting every single week.

Unpopular opinion but I’d sell them Archer with a buy back & sell on clause. I’d love him to make it but just don’t see it here and this summer he’s at his peak value imo having just won the Euros and a good time to cash in, he needs to starting week in week out to fully develop. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

So apparently we dont need a new backup GK, i agree with Emery on everything but this IF this is true because Olsen cannot be relied on in any capacity … ship out bailey and traore while were at it and bring in Doku.

Edited by RicRic

Regarding Ferran Torres this concerns me and we attack felix more than him. Seen this on wiki

‘The following day, Torres revealed in an interview that he had "fallen into a bottomless well", and had worked with a psychologist during his form slump. The second part of the 2022–23 season saw a fair amount of consistency from the 23-year-old.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

This is the same hope I have/had for Coutinho.

I still hope that we can get Coutinho back - but it is hope more than anything now.  I do think that he's more likely to thrive in a team with our new recruits as he'd get more time and space, have better balls played into him and have more runners around him that he can use.  But it is hope.

Tielemans I expect to be back to his best.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

We need another striker.

The drop off in terms of quality from Watkins is massive.

Archer isn't ready.

as he hasnt been given the games then i disagree

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

as he hasnt been given the games then i disagree

Why hasn’t he been given the games ? Oh because he’s not ready or good enough - I’d sell him now if anyone comes in with a buyback & sell on clause. 

Just now, thabucks said:

Why hasn’t he been given the games ? Oh because he’s not ready or good enough - I’d sell him now if anyone comes in with a buyback & sell on clause. 

ok, still disagree