Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Adams, Pubill and Torres to finish the window.

Perfect.

1) No thank you

2) Don’t know anything about him before just being linked so can’t comment

3) No thank you

7 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I could see that - a reserve GK to replace Olsen, a back up right back, a left back to replace Digne (if he were to move on), a DCM (Adams, Jessie, Zakaria type) to replace/upgrade Dendonker, a number 10 (like Lo Celso) to compete with SJM and another wide player (possibly replacing Bailey). This would give us the desired two players per position but wouldn't necessarily impact/disrupt a first 11 but rather upgrade the squad/provide rotation options.

Not a chance that this will happen. 6 more new players? That would be ridiculous. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If we don’t get a back up GK that’s a huuuuuge gamble in my opinion. If Emi stays injury free then we forget all about it, but if not then we’ll be in the deep shit

We might roll the dice until Jan pick one up then. 

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, it’s possible. Risky but possible! 

No it would be risky if we didn't have one at all or we had an 18 year old kid

Instead we've got one who's an experienced international keeper who's played for some big teams around Europe but he's not very good

I don't know what second string keeper comes in who's actually better, hard job to find

The idea that if we don't sign another 2nd choice keeper martinez will of course get injured and we will lose every game with olsen in goal is defeatism at its finest

A new keeper is nice to have, it's not essential or going to kill us if we don't

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

No it would be risky if we didn't have one at all or we had an 18 year old kid

Instead we've got one who's an experienced international keeper who's played for some big teams around Europe but he's not very good

I don't know what second string keeper comes in who's actually better, hard job to find

The idea that if we don't sign another 2nd choice keeper martinez will of course get injured and we will lose every game with olsen in goal is defeatism at its finest

A new keeper is nice to have, it's not essential or going to kill us if we don't

Oh I’m not being defeatist, I don’t think we’ll lose every game. I’m just saying it’s a gamble, as if Emi gets injured we don’t (imo) have a competent back up option. Olsen isn’t good enough from what I’ve seen, I do trust UE though and if he thinks he’s good enough then I’m happy… but I think it’s risky. 

Been on holiday so not really been paying attention to any of the transfer rumours going on past week but looking today seems to have gone quiet now after Diaby. 

With Wesley gone, I’d imagine we will have to wait for the likes of Davis, Hause and maybe Traore to go before there is any more incomings.

Guess the big concern is if Martinez or Watkins get injured/rotated the drop off in quality is concerning but guess there’s still a month to go yet.

12 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Been injured since March and not due back until September. So would be unlikely we'd risk signing him injured without being able to do full medical. If we did it would be last week of August type thing with Donk moving at same time

1 minute ago, RichW said:

Been on holiday so not really been paying attention to any of the transfer rumours going on past week but looking today seems to have gone quiet now after Diaby. 

With Wesley gone, I’d imagine we will have to wait for the likes of Davis, Hause and maybe Traore to go before there is any more incomings.

Guess the big concern is if Martinez or Watkins get injured/rotated the drop off in quality is concerning but guess there’s still a month to go yet.

Emery stated there would be activity with players leaving now and maybe signings later in Window. We need to move players on before we replacement in the squad basically. Say Dendonker or Traore going out for Adams or Johnson coming in. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Come on Monchi. Get rid of some more! 

To be fair he hasn’t got rid of much.  We virtually gave Wes away and nakamba was always going at that price.  
We still have the 5 or 6 players who are costing us a fortune and aren’t going to play much.

ie Hause, Couthino, Dendonker, chambers, Traore,  Davis. Even Digne who is on alot of money for a backup.

Edited by HeyAnty

16 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

To be fair he hasn’t got rid of much.  We virtually gave Wes away and nakamba was always going at that price.  
We still have the 5 or 6 players who are costing us a fortune and aren’t going to play much.

ie Hause, Couthino, Dendonker, chambers, Traore,  Davis. Even Digne who is on alot of money for a backup.

Coutinho, Dendoncker, Chambers, Digne are necessary for the squad. 

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Digne is not a back up, he’s an alternative. There is a difference and he’s a valuable member of the squad. He will play loads this season.

Digne, Dendonker and Chambers are all very good players who would hold down a place in most Premier League teams. 
We have to accept it is a squad game now and these players have never let us down.

• Like 4