Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

*tin hat on* 

I don’t think it’s the end for Coutinho, I think Emery can get a lot out of him and he’ll be an asset this year 😬 

[insert Kevin Keegan headphones image]

I would looove it, looove it, if Buendia was our player of the season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Obvious point is obvious 🤣

IF that happens, we’ll all be delighted…

Is it likely?

It’s his injury proneness, lack of stamina/energy that is even more of a concern than his actual performances… but, he never really brought his shooting boots with him either…

Anyway, he’s just one example.

If there are options to replace and upgrade on players…. we should do it… maybe everyone doesn’t agree with that, just the way I see it…

You’re probably right, it will happen… eventually. Just not this window. We’ve signed 3 quality players that genuinely improve us, we won’t be signing anymore of that calibre this window. Unless it’s a RB to compete with Cash.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Obvious point is obvious 🤣

IF that happens, we’ll all be delighted…

Is it likely?

It’s his injury proneness, lack of stamina/energy that is even more of a concern than his actual performances… but, he never really brought his shooting boots with him either…

Anyway, he’s just one example.

If there are options to replace and upgrade on players…. we should do it… maybe everyone doesn’t agree with that, just the way I see it…

My worry is more that we can't move him on and he becomes a scape goat or vilified by fans

Can already see it with the criticism of  Digne and the negativity surrounding him

Its something the club don't need but fans always seemingly do

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My worry is more that we can't move him on and he becomes a scape goat or vilified by fans

Can already see it with the criticism of  Digne and the negativity surrounding him

It’s hardly ever a personal gripe with these players, the gripe stems from the inability to maximise their usefulness or ability to sell them on. 

Prem tax really makes transfers vital for teams like Villa. Get it wrong or a bad injury and you’re stuck with an ineffective player on wages too big for others to gamble on. 

19 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

£4m … or even £8m for Hudson-Odoi seems very cheap for a good 22 year old England international. Is he rubbish now? 

Wouldn't that just be the loan fee? 

34 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

*tin hat on* 

I don’t think it’s the end for Coutinho, I think Emery can get a lot out of him and he’ll be an asset this year 😬 

Hey, all for it! But is it a realistic expectation? Particularly of him?

I think he can offer some sort of contribution, has to stay fit for a start…

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

[insert Kevin Keegan headphones image]

I would looove it, looove it, if Buendia was our player of the season!

I would actually love it! 😄

I think, on his day, Buendia is top class.

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You’re probably right, it will happen… eventually. Just not this window. We’ve signed 3 quality players that genuinely improve us, we won’t be signing anymore of that calibre this window. Unless it’s a RB to compete with Cash.

You’re probably right too…

but I wouldn’t rule it out…

Just over a whole month to go… we could easily see another big signing… but there’s no hurry or desperation. As Unai side, we’re monitoring the market and will be ready to act toward/at the end of the window… He’s made some interesting comments… 

There will be a few more departures yet too, again going off his comments…

assuming that’s the priority… it makes room and frees up finances for further additions…

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I want the Newcastle friendly Buendia in every game. That’s how I want him to Buendia 

It can happen, he has it in him…

I do wonder if Ollie is not quite suited to taking on the through balls Emi often provides with ease… if he delivered those balls to a more technically gifted or natural scorer… could have more success.

That’s not a jibe at Ollie btw, I’m a big fan, but he does seem to struggle to control or take on those balls and is not quite on the same wavelength as Emi in that sense… I’m sure it’s something they’re working on and will improve on…

Emi might be better served servicing someone like Diaby with those threaded through balls… 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do our players actually get that much flak at games though? I don’t think there’s really any negativity… that would actually affect them…

I think our players are well supported really and we’ve even calmed down in terms of complaining about the way we play such as playing out from the back…

I don’t think the players pay too much attention to social media comments and crap and I don’t think any of them read VT…

Anyway, I don’t think we’re that nasty or overly harsh here… we’re just sharing opinions and valid criticisms really…

I’m sure those at the club analyse the players and may have similar, constructive criticisms. 

In general, I think most fans WANT to see an improvement in our players and are excited about the potential of it… but, it’s less realistic or reasonable to have that expectation for some compared to others…

If a player hasn’t produced for a number of seasons, it makes it that much harder to expect them to suddenly improve now…

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Forest have apparently rejected a 35m offer from Brentford for Johnson  according to the telegraph.

The Times say they want £40m, wasn't it £50m recently?

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Adama back?

Big lump, headless, brainless oaf…

Utterly devoid of grace, intelligence, elegance.

We’ll have to stretch our budget for baby oil too…

Anyone who’s not good enough for Wolves isn’t remotely good enough for us…

So that’s a no… 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

Agree.

Disagree.

Think we will see 3 but that will be our lot, one potentially coming very late in the window though!

Agree think 3 is the likely number but 2 or 4 are also possible.

Backup GK, Young RB, Doku and maybe another DM if we move on from dendoncker. 

• Like 1

Hause will probably get a Loan move to Championship to prove his fitness. Davis will get a permanent move. Traore will leave permanently too but will be end of the window.

Dendonker and Chambers if they left we'd be bringing in another CDM or RB.

• Like 1