Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I just can’t see us signing two pacey wide forwards unless Bailey leaves. Unai rarely plays with two out and out wingers on each side, so having 3 expensive players with similar characteristics to cover 1 place in the team, I just can’t see it

At times He did at Villarreal 

7 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Cant see us going for Doku now we've got Diaby, unless maybe we've found someone to take Traore and/or Bailey

He's a right footer and honeslty it still makes a lot of sense to sign him as he's only 21. If we've identified him as a future superstar worth signing him now cause he can fit in any managers plans. And emery is a good enough manager that he can adapt his tactics to whoever he's got in his team. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Doku wide, Diaby as second striker behind Watkins?

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

He's a right footer and honeslty it still makes a lot of sense to sign him as he's only 21. If we've identified him as a future superstar worth signing him now cause he can fit in any managers plans. And emery is a good enough manager that he can adapt his tactics to whoever he's got in his team. 

I keep forgetting that Diaby is apparently more of a forward/SS type. I keep thinking he's a winger.

Diabys assist stats are extremely Impressive.

Doku AND Diaby would be mint.

Doku is rapid and a unit. Although there are the hamstring concerns, but we would be stacked.

• Like 4

I suspect pretty soon we will be linked to a No.10 type, maybe one that hasn't been talked about yet or hardly, and then within a week we will sign that player, as happened with Diaby and Tielemans, and pretty much Pau, although that one took a little longer as he was en su luna de miel with his wife Paula.

Also I notice we've been linked to a lot of attacking midfielders of a similar profile, Xavi Simons, Arda Guler, De Ketelaere, and today Thiago Almada, and previously there had been Kang-in, so maybe a young attacking playmaker midfielder is something we're looking at

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I suspect pretty soon we will be linked to a No.10 type, maybe one that hasn't been talked about yet or hardly, and then within a week we will sign that player, as happened with Diaby and Tielemans, and pretty much Pau, although that one took a little longer as he was en su luna de miel with his wife Paula.

Also I notice we've been linked to a lot of attacking midfielders of a similar profile, Xavi Simons, Arda Guler, De Ketelaere, and today Thiago Almada, and previously there had been Kang-in, so maybe a young attacking playmaker midfielder is something we're looking at

Maybe Diaby is being lined up as the second striker position

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This - it's a shitebags league. 

He got into the Argie national team for Qatar. If he’s an Emery target, I reckon there’s a good chance we’ll be happy with the result. 

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I have loved Doku since the Euros, he is still raw but wow

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think a fast RB, a second keeper, and striker should be priorities. I wonder if Bailey might end up on left wing sometimes?

Without Ramsey I think he should play there, his best performances were there.

• Like 2

Honestly, after the Diaby news… I’m feeling… delighted. And hyped!

We are in such a better place with the top class players we have added.

I feel like any more additions would be like cherries on top…

But I think Unai has grander plans than many of us imagine, what a time to be a Villa fan!!

spacer.png

• Like 4