Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Gnonto and Diaby would be perfect especially with the fact that Ramsey will be injured for a while. If we could do that soon, we could wait for Felix on loan (or a similar target), then we see if their is a chance to upgrade on second goalkeeper. I think a right back would be looked at aswell unless if Konsa started playing as a right back on the preseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Just shows how much crap is talked when there is 100 names 

The number of times I've been called negative and  "who would you sign then!!" just because I suspect the majority of links are 🐴💩

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

In fairness we have been linked to every wide attacking player in world football.

but not that much to pino and chukwueze both of whom id have liked us to have had a look at, emery will obviously know best on them 2

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The number of times I've been called negative and  "who would you sign then!!" just because I suspect the majority of links are 🐴💩

And if we ignore all the links what would we talk about in this thread?

The majority are indeed horse turd, but this thread is to discuss the relative merits of players we might sign, how much we might have to pay for them and generally pass the time between the actual confirmed signings.

It's a valid question to ask who you might want to sign? It's a valid response to say "whoever Emery wants"... but you can still hold a separate opinion yourself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Salary of 1,7m euro a year? That's £28,000 a week... for a player that's costing £15m - £20m...... 

Doesn't sound correct...

Italians tend to do wages after tax. So it’d be more like £55k per week. If it was true, that is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Gnonto and Diaby would be perfect especially with the fact that Ramsey will be injured for a while. If we could do that soon, we could wait for Felix on loan (or a similar target), then we see if their is a chance to upgrade on second goalkeeper. I think a right back would be looked at aswell unless if Konsa started playing as a right back on the preseason.

Cant see us signing three but if we are signing anyone else it needs to be pedro Gonçalves he brings goals with him: 

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Cant see us signing three but if we are signing anyone else it needs to be pedro Gonçalves he brings goals with him: 

That ship has sailed i'm afraid, Sporting are holding out for his release clause and have not reason to sell for less. I'd imagine it's why it's gone quite regarding him, likely we've pulled out a while ago.

Since Monchi is famous for plucking gems from France it would be nice if we could lure some underappreciated PSG youngster before they sell him to the Bundesliga.

Currently thou it looks like it's Lyon who are having a couple talented crops coming up and I would be fine with that too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That ship has sailed i'm afraid, Sporting are holding out for his release clause and have not reason to sell for less. I'd imagine it's why it's gone quite regarding him, likely we've pulled out a while ago.

😤 i guess so

Whoever we sign across those forward areas we need to ask ourselves are THEY capable of getting 10 goals and 6 assists as to push to that next level we would need that as minimum. As long as Watkins can grab 14 goals min im fine with that … is Diaby capable of that im not sure Goncalves would have been, Felix also.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Since Monchi is famous for plucking gems from France it would be nice if we could lure some underappreciated PSG youngster before they sell him to the Bundesliga.

Currently thou it looks like it's Lyon who are having a couple talented crops coming up and I would be fine with that too.

if football manager taught me anything...

ebimbe has already gone to frankfurt, they've still got zaire emery

lyon have lukeba and obviously cherki

but desire doue from rennes is the one

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if football manager taught me anything...

ebimbe has already gone to frankfurt, they've still got zaire emery

lyon have lukeba and obviously cherki

but desire doue from rennes is the one

Been between 5-10 years since I stopped playing FM and FIFA so I'm missing out on a lot of "scouting" :D 

Edit: What date was it that Xavi Simmons had to decide if we wanted to go back to PSG? End of July right?

Edited by sne