Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Random story but I worked in the desk to bring Bowery to OUFC and before his unveiling we had a nice long chat about Villa etc and I showed him this gif and the love he got fur it and he was genuinely humbled by it and was super happy. He says deep dish he knew he wasn’t you’d enough but always out in maximum effort and  achieved more then he thought he could … top top man unlike Danny Crowley who  was generally loathed by all …  

What did he have to say? I wonder what his reaction was to getting signed (must have been in total shock and elation) and how he felt during his time at the club…

Not his fault we signed him (a player who wasn’t even close to being at that level… strange strange days, such weird and shocking signings… still beggars belief how Lambert kept us in the league and what the hell was going on with stuff like the bomb squad), he must’ve seen it as an amazing opportunity and no wonder he worked hard and tried his best - he just didn’t have the talent to back it up unfortunately.

Done some proper reminiscing today!! 🤣

Yeesh, they were some proper dark days for us fans and this club… what a decline we went through… I’m so so glad to see the back of it, it was horrendous and draining…

Makes where we are now all the more enjoyable and satisfying… 

This may shock a few, but I feel like we’re in the best state and have the best set up to thrive and succeed for yonks, as long as I’ve been a fan… I’ve been a supporter since Brian Little managed us (very young)… I probably enjoyed the John Gregory days most (older and could appreciate more) and then probably the Deano days…  MON days were great too and we saw some heroic players like Laursen and Mellberg but I wasn’t a huge fan of our style of play nor of MON and how he was wasting money and huge wages on some shite players (and missing out on some quality ones)… the way he left was horrendous too, left a bitter taste…God it went all so badly downhill after that… Lerner era was completely ruined…

One thing I’ve all too often craved while watching our teams… is composure, grace and elegance on the ball and in our play… it was missing far too often. I was influenced by watching other leagues and teams too, especially Serie A and the star players there…

We’ve had to watch some real dross at times, kick and rush football sometimes, hoofball, counter attack, defend for our lives and scrap… be dominated all too often, all sorts… the way our players used to boot the ball at each other 🤦‍♂️ and were so hurried in play…

That’s all over and this is a new age… I’m so overjoyed with Unai and what he’s already managed to do in such a short space of time. My “dream” has already been kind of realised (and it’s only going to get better) and I find the way we play so enjoyable and attractive. All credit to him.

He has transformed us and my wish is that he builds an incredible legacy here…

Good times (at last!)

UTV

ALWAYS

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Na not him.

Eder, used to play for Swansea.  A relatively poor player getting the winner in Euro 2016 final vs France:

spacer.png

Renato Sanches also played for Swansea and won Young Player of the Tournament, easy to mix them up 😄

9 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

So many links… too many I feel, I’m linked fatigued, it’s like throwing shit at the wall and one might stick. 

As someone with young kids let me tell you - it sticks more often than not.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

What did he have to say? I wonder what his reaction was to getting signed (must have been in total shock and elation) and how he felt during his time at the club…

Not his fault we signed him (a player who wasn’t even close to being at that level… strange strange days, such weird and shocking signings… still beggars belief how Lambert kept us in the league and what the hell was going on with stuff like the bomb squad), he must’ve seen it as an amazing opportunity and no wonder he worked hard and tried his best - he just didn’t have the talent to back it up unfortunately.

Done some proper reminiscing today!! 🤣

Yeesh, they were some proper dark days for us fans and this club… what a decline we went through… I’m so so glad to see the back of it, it was horrendous and draining…

Makes where we are now all the more enjoyable and satisfying… 

This may shock a few, but I feel like we’re in the best state and have the best set up to thrive and succeed for yonks, as long as I’ve been a fan… I’ve been a supporter since Brian Little managed us (very young)… I probably enjoyed the John Gregory days most (older and could appreciate more) and then probably the Deano days…  MON days were great too and we saw some heroic players like Laursen and Mellberg but I wasn’t a huge fan of our style of play nor of MON and how he was wasting money and huge wages on some shite players (and missing out on some quality ones)… the way he left was horrendous too, left a bitter taste…God it went all so badly downhill after that… Lerner era was completely ruined…

One thing I’ve all too often craved while watching our teams… is composure, grace and elegance on the ball and in our play… it was missing far too often. I was influenced by watching other leagues and teams too, especially Serie A and the star players there…

We’ve had to watch some real dross at times, kick and rush football sometimes, hoofball, counter attack, defend for our lives and scrap… be dominated all too often, all sorts… the way our players used to boot the ball at each other 🤦‍♂️ and were so hurried in play…

That’s all over and this is a new age… I’m so overjoyed with Unai and what he’s already managed to do in such a short space of time. My “dream” has already been kind of realised (and it’s only going to get better) and I find the way we play so enjoyable and attractive. All credit to him.

He has transformed us and my wish is that he builds an incredible legacy here…

Good times (at last!)

UTV

ALWAYS

He had nothing but good words to say about the fans and how they treated him . He was a quiet yet confident person but also knew deep down he wasn’t quite prem quality. He was highly complimentary towards Randy and said he deeply loved the club regardless of what people thought and always too the time to speak in depth with everyone either in person on on the phone and that he was somewhat apologetic also. Crowley was a nice lad but he was just aloof and arrogant - the complete opposite to Bowery. He was was head and shoulders above in terms of quality but also would let everyone know that and got easily frustrated. He trained really hard with maximum effort as did Bowery but just is the type of character who doesn’t endear himself to teammates and the opposite to Bowery. One other bit of off topic John Lundstram always acted as if he had made it already and had the belief he was destined to play at the highest level as he did. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, Rigo left the forum for about 2 years after this whole fiasco.

I'm pretty sure he was hoping people forgot about all that, yet here you are like a stubborn hemorrhoid 😂 

Is Rigo different to AVFC Rigo then?

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Kamada still not signed for anyone.

Nico Williams new contract still not announced.

Kamada is pricing himself out of the market currently with his demands as he / agents knows his marketing & commercial worth and  asking for all sorts of extras on top. He will need to halve his demands to get a move anywhere as it stands. 

Fun fact, We're one of only 5 teams in the PL who have not paid a transfer fee so far this summer.

Three teams have so far not brought anyone in. 

10 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Harvey Barnes to NUFC isn’t done yet, I would be really disappointed if we didn’t at least make an attempt for him. He’s an upgrade on our existing “wide” players ie. Bailey and Traore

Not a big enough jump from Bailey to warrant the signing for me....tbh I'm not sure he's better.

I want a wow signing here, Torres or Williams. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Not a big enough jump from Bailey to warrant the signing for me....tbh I'm not sure he's better.

I want a wow signing here, Torres or Williams. 

We might get a Pau signing, is that a wow singing?

26 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Fun fact, We're one of only 5 teams in the PL who have not paid a transfer fee so far this summer.

Three teams have so far not brought anyone in. 

When was 16 players signed in PL when I checked week ago or so Pau transfer that will happen was 12.5% of PL transfers so equal most. People need to calm down

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

When was 16 players signed in PL when I checked week ago or so Pau transfer that will happen was 12.5% of PL transfers so equal most. People need to calm down

Not sure how to answer that. I got the info from Sky Sports summary of the window so far. Also, who's not calm? I was just providing an update.

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Ooh, I recognise that toilet! Defo BHX.

He's probably thinking 'why the f*** are people filming me going through a metal detector.'

Edited by HKP90
  • Haha 1