Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, lexicon said:

He offers us less than Bailey does. I don't see the point in going after him, especially with the figures mooted. 

To address the bit in bold: He might run at defences, but he only averaged 1.01 in terms of successful take-ons - meaning he dribbled into trouble and lost the ball more often than not. Cutting the ball back - his assists per 90: 0.09, less than one assist per ten games played. He also completed, on average, 9 passes per game. His finishing isn't too bad, really, can't argue there. 

Brennan Johnson is the definition of a highlight player.  More frustrating than Bailey is to watch because of how wasteful his decision making is.  I don't rate Harvey Barnes and I would rather have us go for him than Johnson.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d even say our GK, Defence along with Kamara and Dougie is better than Arsenal’s equivalent.  Our issue is further forward where they have Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard in the attacking midfield and wings…we don’t have anywhere close to that.

This, 100%.  Unfortunately, attacking players of that kind of caliber are incredibly expensive unless you buy them young and develop them for several seasons (like Martinelli).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Brennan Johnson is the definition of a highlight player.  More frustrating than Bailey is to watch because of how wasteful his decision making is.  I don't rate Harvey Barnes and I would rather have us go for him than Johnson.  

I don't fancy either, either. 

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He actually is.

Less dynamic, but as a controller, which is what Emery wants, he's better.

Ball winning in the challenge I'll take Bouba every time.

I don't get the dynamic angle with regards to Rice.  He is slow . JU would beat him by 10 yards in a 50 yard race.  He is heavily built. Will get even slower in rhe next 5 years.  A good player and a good leader no doubt. But not dynamic . 

15 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Absolutely shocking how much Declan Rice went for... He's the most overrated player in England.  If he didn't change national teams and stayed Irish, he'd be a 40 million pound player max. 

Just like Grealish.

31million for Torres is a bloody good bit of business for him, top class centre back, now a right back, left winger, attacking midfield and striker left for me 🤞

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I can definitely see Zaha here by the end of the window.

Free transfer, quality player and Emery loves him.

Definitely wouldn’t mind Zaha here, we may have a shithouse on the pitch in every area if he were to come so that’s another bonus 

• Haha 1