Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, Creeper said:

Would love to see us move for Alex Scott. Surprised someone hasn't tried to bid for him already.

I know the sporting director at wolves quite well and they’ve been tracking him for ages. He’s visited the training ground and all that jazz. They may end up getting him. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe all we need to do to sign top players, is offer them more " kinky "

" Pau Torres at Villa is done. Personal conditions agreed with kinky. Lots of love for Emery and dreams of playing Premier League football.

Soon my friends ⏳ "

As in Torres thread.

Paul will tell you there's not a chance we're that kinky..

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

*as expected in your opinion.

if we always had to comment on other peoples posts to point out 99.9% of all posts are that persons opinion then threads would be nearly unreadable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

if we always had to comment on other peoples posts to point out 99.9% of all posts are that persons opinion then threads would be nearly unreadable

Agreed, but I find it odd you state it as fact as if it's a widely held view. 

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

It's been established Mings can't play at LB and he has blamed his physique for his previous injury problems at left back.

As a full on Left back yes, but in Emery’s system as a third cb on the left side I think it would work. 

Torres would allow us to play a 3-4-3 system (not saying we should), but something like this looks strong on paper...

----------------------------Watkins---------------------------------
-----------------Ramsey---------New----------------------------
Moreno---------Kamara------Luiz---------------McGinn
---------------Torres-----Mings-----Carlos------------------
----------------------------Martinez--------------------------------

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe all we need to do to sign top players, is offer them more " kinky "

" Pau Torres at Villa is done. Personal conditions agreed with kinky. Lots of love for Emery and dreams of playing Premier League football.

Soon my friends ⏳ "

As in Torres thread.

Hopefully there’s a happy ending. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You stated “as expected” as a widely held belief though. If you said “as I expected he would be”, it reads very differently. 

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Torres would allow us to play a 3-4-3 system (not saying we should), but something like this looks strong on paper...

----------------------------Watkins---------------------------------
-----------------Ramsey---------New----------------------------
Moreno---------Kamara------Luiz---------------McGinn
---------------Torres-----Mings-----Carlos------------------
----------------------------Martinez--------------------------------

Don’t we play a slight variant of that anyway? Set formations aren’t really a thing anymore 

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

There was a fair amount of people on here saying sign him at the time, same with Eze.

I remember going to QPR away game, when we were in the championship. Eze run the show that day (Grealish was injured), and thought at the time his close control, and the way he dictated things was just like Grealish. I've rated him since then.

If we're after a player from Palace, Eze is the one for me. But young Tyrick Mitchell is a good young left back as well. However we don't need a left back.

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Don’t we play a slight variant of that anyway? Set formations aren’t really a thing anymore 

No. 4222 switching to 622 on defence. When Moreno bombs forward the right back tucks in