Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

As someone who has been signed off in the past with anxiety,  mental health problems are no laughing matter 🤬

For 8 days?

Fully aware of mental health issues ofc, but seems odd to be listed under injury record and for such a short period of time. 

Edited by Steero113

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think Mings is relevant to the discussion given the individuality of injuries and the fact that he plays in a position that isn't as explosive. It's not just the ligament injuries either, it seems but rather a laundry list:

image.png.71e12d0ebbf1ab8d24facb3dd2e63169.png

I see what you're saying. However if look at it closely he missed 7 games last season, 11 the season before. Corona virus was while he was out with the cruciate ligament rupture. So it's not too bad for a creative player. As they tend to get injured more. 

I don't see centre back as more explosive the left wing or no 10, bar the jumping for headers. However Zaniolo is a tall player who challenges for aerial balls.

My worry is that his confidence seems shot, and that won't be easy to recover, especially if you're being moved around the European leagues. He probably needs to go back to his hometown club.

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

For 8 days?

You don't choose how long mental health affects you. It can come on at any time and last for 24 hours to god knows. For me it was 9 weeks!

Edited by stewiek2

Just now, stewiek2 said:

First it was a week, then end of that week another 2 weeks, then 2 weeks then another 4 weeks. Are you so f**king stupid that you can't understand that it's not as simple as 8 says off. You don't choose how long it affects you tw*t!

Firstly, I've edited my post as you've clearly misunderstood me. 

Secondly, calm down. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

Firstly, I've edited my post as you've clearly misunderstood me. 

Secondly, calm down. 

Noted. Edited my response. Simply put you don't choose how it affects you and for how long. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

First it was a week, then end of that week another 2 weeks, then 2 weeks then another 4 weeks. Are you so f**king stupid that you can't understand that it's not as simple as 8 says off. You don't choose how long it affects you tw*t!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d78z4h1ytzji9zf9ll5s

Just now, bobzy said:

You've had a shocker here mate.

Once again, for clarity, I am not belittling mental health issues, merely questioning why such an issue was listed for such a short duration and under 'injury record'.

Poorly worded no doubt, given the response. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Once again, for clarity, I am not belittling mental health issues, merely questioning why such an issue was listed for such a short duration and under 'injury record'.

He didn't even miss a game. They probably just sent him home for a week between fixtures, which seems rather inadequate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Maybe they should put personal reasons or something there. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sne said:

Sancho had a fair number of disciplinary issues in Germany. Often late to practice and what not. Maybe he's not quite grown up yet.

Perhaps he never will. I think he got his big deal and his £350k weekly a little too quickly and has trod water up there. I get the feeling that he will be happy to sit on their bench for another year or two and put his career on the back burner whilst he counts and spends his money. If he does show any interest in moving to us, then I'm wrong.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, picicata said:

You're right, in fairness Sancho has been so disappointing that it's difficult to tell whether he's actually any good and what style he plays. Every time I've seen him for Man Utd he's looked like a competition winner.

Also, I'd reiterate, I don't want to sign either of Barnes or Sancho. I think we can, and will, get better for less 

Again he got a goal or assist every other game this season in the prem. And he can clearly do better because he barely takes any shots.

50 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

As someone who has been signed off in the past with anxiety,  mental health problems are no laughing matter 🤬

I'd be more concerned about the fact he took time off with a bruise than depression! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

Out of all the SS/AM links/names mentioned in the last few days who would be your preferred signing to play next to Watkins? 

Joao Felix

Pedro Gonclaves

Jadon Sancho

Paulo Dybala

Nicolo Zaniolo

Sancho easily. Really helps keep possession but quicker than the others so a weapon on the counter. He produces a goal or assist every other game in the pre.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Joao Felix is class. He would fit in well as the number 10, can also play left wing. We could easily accommodate him and Williams and Ramsey in the same team. And Williams is my favourite for the right wing position. 

I saw enough of Felix at Chelsea to suggest a consistent run, in a settled team with a top coach, he won't have many problems doing well.

Goncalves is similar to Felix in terms of the positions he plays, however I'm not convinced he has the physical attributes to succeed in the Premier league. For me he is very high risk, given the cost. I'd only sign him for less then 20m, or a loan with option sign permanently.

Zaniolo I see as more of a depth signing, one to take a chance on given he would be relatively cheap. So I'd probably sign him in addition to Felix and Williams ideally.

Sancho isn't a number 10, he is very much a left winger. I personally belive we are after a versatile 10 and a right winger. Any left winger we sign has to be able to play central midfield as well, I'd assume. I also doubt we are genuinely interested. So it's a no from me.

I think versatility is a key aspect we are looking for in our signings. Emery's system doesn't really rely on a fixed formation.  The beauty of his system is it's versatility. We have played 5-4-1, 4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, and 4-3-3 under him, with the formation changing during games depending on the situation. 

Dybala is class, but his durability is in question for me. He is 29, and his wage will be huge. I also don't believe he wants to leave Italy. And there aren't any concrete links.

Sancho is very much a right winger. Being used on the left by united. 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

According to Italian reporter  llario di giovambattista tammy was literally wrapped up to come to us for 30€ million before he picked up the injury

Heard that too ages ago..i think we dodged a bullet as that ACL injury he picked up was very bad according to the club