Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm saying we'll confirm the signing of Nico Williams today.

Is a poorly kept secret that we tried to sign him in January. We don't do leaks.  The increase in news today suggests something might be very close.

It's the kind of thing that only happens when we actually are close. 

So I'm thinking Nico Williams is signing today. 

🙏 yes please 

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Is a poorly kept secret that we tried to sign him in January. We don't do leaks.  The increase in news today suggests something might be very close.

Loving the positive thinking. I’m gonna go with it 💪🏻

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Bold (not Steve).

I'll second that emotion.

19 hours ago, John said:

A point well made, but they have always had a decent academy set up (particularly when compared with their first team;)). This one was stolen from under our noses, being from Newtown, as I recall, if only they had taken £15m from Spurs for him, they would have been laughing all the way to the bank:

Darren Moore reveals failed move to bring Saido Berahino 'back home' to  West Brom | Shropshire Star 

My Baggies mate is gutted about our latest capture. He always credits the significant upturn in their academy/youth production with Dan Ashworth who did similar for Brighton and is now at Newcastle - I would have loved us to have captured him!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Luiz, kamara, tielemans, dendonker. Who’s the deadwood? I can’t see us spending a big chunk of the budget on another midfielder, definitely not for what kone will cost any at 

Dendonker I guess. Supposedly 3 clubs in for him. Whilst he has been decent back up for Kamara for the latter part of the season, he could be upgraded. 15m for him, 7m for Marv, a bit for Sanson and we have covered half plus the cost of Kone. That would give us two genuine options for each of the 6 & 8 positions with Tim in the mix for Europe/injuries??

5 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Dendonker I guess. Supposedly 3 clubs in for him. Whilst he has been decent back up for Kamara for the latter part of the season, he could be upgraded. 15m for him, 7m for Marv, a bit for Sanson and we have covered half plus the cost of Kone. That would give us two genuine options for each of the 6 & 8 positions with Tim in the mix for Europe/injuries??

Dendoncker came back fine after Stevenage. Now his youth CM partner at Anderlecht has joined. Was mentioned on a podcast of Villa go deep in Europe you have Luiz and Kamara in PL and then can play Dendoncker and Tielemans in some Europe games. Supposedly 3 clubs in for him is same as +60 players transfer linked with Villa since January. I don't believe +90% of the rumours

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Eh? They're not similar players at all 😐

Jadon Sancho:

ml2CsGD.png

Harvey Barnes:

ICGxqZ1.png

Sancho is ten times more suited to our style of play than Barnes, it's not even close. 

You're right, in fairness Sancho has been so disappointing that it's difficult to tell whether he's actually any good and what style he plays. Every time I've seen him for Man Utd he's looked like a competition winner.

Also, I'd reiterate, I don't want to sign either of Barnes or Sancho. I think we can, and will, get better for less 

36 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

More links in the Turkish media to Galatasary’s Nicolo Zaniolo 

This one is a curious one. Zaniolo is very talented, and like Ramsey can play left inverted winger, centre mid, or no 10. Two major knee ligament  injuries is horrible bad luck. 

However we signed Mings whom had two serious knee ligament injuries prior to joining us, and has barely missed a game since he arrived at the club. 

It all depends on how he has recovered from those injuries. As he would be fairly cheap (I would have thought) if we decided to sign him, would add depth, and potential is a top player.

• Like 2

I still think the perception of Sancho is largely formed by his price tag rather than his ability. Man Utd are a club desperately in need of modernisation and Sancho was one of the typical, 'buy him because he's a high profile name' signing rather than working out whether he'd fit in or not. Ten Hag's got a lot of work to do to bring the club into the modern era in that respect. 

• Like 1

Alex Crook on Talksport has just said that Villa are going big this summer and he thinks we'll finish above Newcastle the coming season. Apparently their Saudi owners don't want to splash the cash and will modestly grow their transfer budget and level of signings.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Ten Hag's got a lot of work to do to bring the club into the modern era in that respect. 

Can I suggest he has a word with some local builders to fix the ground. Great stadium my arse.

Regarding Sancho I mentioned a few pages back from a mutual of ours some of the reasons he thinks it’s not worked out. Sancho is really talented and under the right guidance he can really shine in the Prem in my opinion. It’s hard going from a place where you are loved by the city and there’s not as much pressure, to joining Man Utd where not only their own fans but other fans (mainly the sky 6) are constantly criticising your every move. 

If (and I highly doubt this) he were to come to us the pressure would be off because the media like to pretend we don’t exist.